Twitter gets valued at $3.7 billionDecember 17th, 2010 - 1:24 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
San Francisco, Dec 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The popular social networking and micro blogging site Twitter has been valued at $3.7 billion. The valuation came after it received a major shot in the arm in the form of a $200 million investment by the VC firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
The company officials also revealed that they have got 2 more directors onto their board now, in the form of Mike McCue and David Rosenblatt. It may be recalled that Mike is the CEO of Flipboard and David used to be the CEO of DoubleClick Incorporation. Besides that he also used to be a president at Google.
“The additional resources and expertise will be extremely helpful as Twitter continues to grow as a company and business,” according to Twitter CEO Costolo. It may be recalled that recently there was a major shakeup in the top management of Twitter and co-founder Evan Williams stepped down from the CEO post to make way for Costolo.
At the moment, Twitter is very popular and the numbers also prove that. It has more than 175 million users all over the world who post their status updates on the site and stay in touch with their friends and acquaintances.
- Twitter co-founder Williams steps down as CEO to focus on profitability - Oct 05, 2010
- Indian American Vinod Khosla tops Forbes 10 greenest billionaires - Apr 23, 2010
- Twitter to introduce in-stream ads for users' timelines - Nov 02, 2010
- Twitter to start photo sharing service - May 31, 2011
- Twitter lacks 'clear long term vision' says new CEO - Nov 28, 2010
- Gates still Forbes' richest American, 4 Indians among top 400 - Oct 01, 2009
- Twitter confirms it acquired TweetDeck, terms not disclosed - May 26, 2011
- Wikipedia to shut down website for 24 hours - Jan 17, 2012
- MySpace To Axe Half Of Its Staffs - Jan 12, 2011
- Twitter buys British app network TweetDeck - May 26, 2011
- Twitter now has 100 mn users worldwide - Sep 09, 2011
- Facebook plans to go public to raise $87bn - May 04, 2012
- New Twitter Interface Creates Sensation Among The Users - Sep 16, 2010
- Launch Of New Twitter Announced Via CEO Tweets - Sep 16, 2010
- Twitter unveils first major revamp since launch - Sep 16, 2010
Tags: acquaintances, additional resources, caufield, ceo post, co founder, company officials, david rosenblatt, doubleclick, evan williams, google, incorporation, major shakeup, mike mccue, perkins, shot in the arm, social networking, status updates, top management, twitter, vc firm