Tomorrow’s Tablets Shown At CES 2011January 8th, 2011 - 8:33 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Jan 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) As it was widely speculated and assumed tablets have flooded the ongoing CES 2011 with every major tech company coming up with its version of tablet based touch screen Internet devices. The tablets of tomorrow as they have been presented at CES certainly deserve the adulation they are getting from the gadget lovers. While companies like Toshiba and Lenovo have unveiled their version of touch screen tablets the two companies that have manged to steal the limelight at Las Vegas are RIM and Motorola. The Motorola Xoom the only tablet that runs on honeycomb as of now generated enough buzz even before it was showcased thanks to an innovative teaser video by Motorola. The device has won accolades after being presented by Verizon and Motorola at CES and Motorola has proved that it is one of the heavyweight contenders in tablet race.
The Rim PlayBook has a smaller screen than the iPad but the device is hogging the attention as it is smooth to operate and plenty of oomph as well. The release of these two devices in the next few months are going to give tough competition to both the iPad and the hot selling Galaxy Tab from Samsung. The tablets from RIM and Motorola have proved they have better bang for the buck compared to the first generation tablets.
However, the tablet unveiled by Lenovo also deserves a mention in this context. Named as LePad it is actually a hybrid between a netbook and tablet that can be customized according to the need of the user. Toshiba’s tablet is also interesting and it also shows lot of promise. However, with its integration of Honeycomb, the Xoom races ahead of the entire lot.
- Motorola Zooms Ahead In Tablet Race With Xoom! - Jan 06, 2011
- Motorola XOOM tablet launched in India - Jun 28, 2011
- Tablets set to sweep corporate offices - Feb 25, 2011
- 2011 to be the year of the tablet - Nov 22, 2010
- BlackBerry tablet may hit market April 10 - Mar 03, 2011
- Apple's new iPad today to kick off tablet war - Mar 02, 2011
- BlackBerry tablet will be a winner: Market analysts - Jan 11, 2011
- BlackBerry partners Sprint as tablet market soars - Jan 07, 2011
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- New BlackBerry video touts its tablet as better than iPad - Jan 05, 2011
- BlackBerry sells 250,000 PlayBook tablets - May 20, 2011
- Motorola hit with trademark suit just before Xoom launch - Feb 25, 2011
- BlackBerry tablet called 'half baked' product - Apr 15, 2011
- Apple blamed for delayed launch of BlackBerry tablet - Apr 08, 2011
- BlackBerry likely to unveil new smart phones next week - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: adulation, buzz, ces, gadget lovers, galaxy, heavyweight contenders, honeycomb, hybrid, internet devices, ipad, lenovo, limelight, motorola, netbook, oomph, playbook, rim, touch screen, verizon, xoom