The Most Commonly Used Passwords RevealedDecember 21st, 2010 - 8:21 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Dec 21, (THAINDIAN NEWS) There are a huge number of people who are getting net savvy with each passing day. The internet has become the hub of technologies. If you are not having internet connection, then you are considered to be living in the Stone Age. Approximately everything which people have online is protected by password and is believed to be safe. How would it be like if there was anyone who can figure out the most common password or hack all information that you have? Recently, a leading media outlet reported that one of the most commonly used password is ‘123456′ while the top ten passwords were also revealed.
Some cyber criminals hacked an American blogging network last week. The hackers went on to publish the account details of around 1.4 million people. They have as well tried hacking those people’s accounts on various other websites. This was possible because several people use the same username and password for various websites. An organization known as Gnosis is known to be behind the weekend attack. Most people are not very conscious when they choose their passwords. The most obvious reason for choosing a common password is that it becomes easy to remember. After the hacking, when all the user passwords were put on the internet, the most common password came to be known.
Nearly 200,000 people’s passwords were hacked. 123456 topped the list followed by “password”. People presume that others might not be interested in their information, but that is surely not the case. Experts have reiterated that password should be chosen which would be difficult to trace. It must as well be ensured that the most common password in not used.
- Upper-casing password can foolproof your e-mail account - Feb 11, 2011
- Simple passwords easier to hack: experts - Jan 21, 2010
- Ten most commonly used internet passwords - Jan 21, 2010
- Rising phishing cases open career prospects for ethical hackers - Jul 24, 2011
- Attack on Gawker enables spammers to take over Twitter accounts - Dec 14, 2010
- China to curb online phishing - Dec 30, 2011
- How do hackers obtain nude pics of celebs? - Mar 20, 2011
- Twitter accounts hacked, flooded with spam - Dec 14, 2010
- 46pc Brits use same password for every website - Jan 02, 2010
- India tops in originating spam, phishing in Asia: Report - May 11, 2010
- Chinese warned against using web in public places - Mar 01, 2012
- Yahoo confirms 400,000 user accounts stolen by hackers - Jul 13, 2012
- Man accused of defaming Zardari online, hacking website sent to jail - Apr 16, 2011
- Now, access your online accounts at the touch of a fingertip - Dec 18, 2010
- Hackers attack Apple's website, claim they stole passwords - Jul 05, 2011