Sony to restore PlayStation network in JapanJuly 5th, 2011 - 9:42 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Tokyo, July 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Sony announced on Monday that they will fully restore their PlayStation Network in Japan. The company eventually plans to fully restore its network worldwide. The network has been down for 11 weeks now.
Sony’s PlayStation have been down since April when the company’s network was breached by hackers. The breach resulted in the loss of valuable user data and it was a huge embarrassment for the company. On Monday Sony announced that they will get the network working in Japan on the 6th of July.
At the moment, Sony has partially restored some of its services in Japan. The country has less than 10 percent of Sony’s worldwide users. When the security of the company’s network was breached, about 25 million user details were stolen. PlayStation however assured that critical details like credit card details and bio details were not stolen in the attack.
The attack on Sony’s PlayStation Network has affected the finances of the company. The attack was first announced on the 26th of April and it has resulted in the loss of about 12 percent of the company’s share value.
Hackers have in the recent times attacked the networks and websites of top organizations prompting widespread reforms in the companies.
- Sony offers free 30 days membership because of hack attack - May 03, 2011
- Play Station users needn't worry as Sony insures data for $1 million - May 09, 2011
- Hackers again target Sony, compromise more than 93,000 accounts - Oct 13, 2011
- 'Nightmare scenario' as huge data theft hits 70 m Sony PlayStation users - Apr 27, 2011
- Sony announces $3.1 billion annual loss - May 27, 2011
- Sony says another 25m Playstation users may have been hacked - May 03, 2011
- PS3 Update Unveiled By Sony, Aimed At Curbing Piracy - Jan 27, 2011
- Hulu Plus All Set to Launch on PS3 - Nov 06, 2010
- Twitter accounts hacked, flooded with spam - Dec 14, 2010
- Playstation Plus Unveiled At E3 By Sony - Jun 16, 2010
- Facebook hires Sony hacker - Jun 30, 2011
- PS3 Update 3.21 Unveiled By Sony - Apr 01, 2010
- Sony unveils book-like twin-screen tablet - Apr 27, 2011
- Sony Ericsson To Launch Gaming Phone Xperia Play On February 13 - Feb 07, 2011
- PlayStation 3 to release new expanded hard drives with 160GB and 320GB capacity in North America - Aug 18, 2010