Sony Ericsson Walkman Phone Yendo Is Likely To Be Shipped In FebruaryDecember 21st, 2010 - 7:01 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Dec 21, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It was in August 2010 that the Sony Ericsson Yendo, the latest phone in its flagship Walkman phone series made its first appearance. At that time, the company had said that they will launch the phone within a few months. Now it is the end of the year and it seems that the launch of the model has been hit by some glitch. If the market rumors are to be believed, then the Yendo will not hit the shelves before February next year. Yendo is the latest endeavor from Sony Ericsson, aimed at the users who love listening to music and want the attributes of a standalone music player in their cell phone.
The industry buzz is that Sony Ericsson has decided to delay the launch of the phone till February owing to a glitch found in its software. Yendo is going to be the first phone from the iconic Walkman series of phones with touch screen. Its user interface is not much difficult from the popular Xperia X10 mini and other Android based phones from the company. However, in terms of hardware, the Yendo falls far short of the rivals with a 320×240 resolution and an average 2MP camera. However, the touchscreen is capacitive. The phone will first be launched in USA, UK and other European countries, it has been reported.
Meanwhile, the Sony Ericsson Yendo may not appeal to the demanding users. It lacks WiFi, GPS and 3G, features that are seen even in entry level phones. It remains to be seen how well it sells based on the brand appeal and music features.
- Sony ericsson Xperia X10 - Sep 23, 2010
- Sony Ericsson To Launch Gaming Phone Xperia Play On February 13 - Feb 07, 2011
- Sony Ericsson launches Xperia Arc, Play in India - Apr 07, 2011
- Mobile phone remote that can be worn on the wrist - Oct 03, 2010
- Phone taking 3D pictures in markets soon - Sep 05, 2011
- A look at three low-cost tablets (To go with tablet market story) - Aug 12, 2012
- Sony unveils smart phones for upward mobile - May 24, 2012
- Sony Ericsson Announces Bollywood Superstar Kareena Kapoor as its Brand Ambassador - Mar 27, 2010
- My Touch 4G From T-Mobile Lands Today - Nov 05, 2010
- Sony to phase out feature phones by September - May 23, 2012
- Try the new Sony Walkman E Series - Sep 27, 2010
- Sony Unveils NGP, Successor To PSP - Jan 27, 2011
- Samsung Fascinate is going to be great - Sep 22, 2010
- Apple iPad priced at $499 - Jan 28, 2010
- Asus-Garmin Phone Released On T-Mobile - Jun 10, 2010
Tags: 320x240 resolution, endeavor, european countries, first appearance, flagship, glitch, industry buzz, launch, market rumors, music features, ranjan, shelves, sony ericsson walkman, sony ericsson walkman phone, standalone music player, touch screen, touchscreen, user interface, xperia, yendo