Sony Ericsson To Launch Gaming Phone Xperia Play On February 13February 7th, 2011 - 7:38 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Feb 7, (THAINDIAN NEWS) There is a good news for all the mobile lovers of the world as Sony Ericsson is all set to release its Play Station smartphone Xperia Play on February 13. The company has even unveiled the phone during the Super Bowl commercials on Sunday. All the gadget lovers are geared up to see the phone, when it hits the market.
The commercial on Sunday unveiled Xperia Play’s picture and the tag line of the ad read, “”Android is ready to play”. The phone has many special features like touch screen and PlayStation controls. The phone has slide put control keys, which include four navigation button in its left and triangle buttons at its right. Some media outlets have called it stylish phone that is going to be user friendly. On the other hand, one of the special features of the phone is that it is PlayStation Certified and it means that Xperia Play will be able to run Android 2.3 and hence the users will be able to play few of the PlayStation 1 games.
However, Sony Ericsson has not yet offered the exact specifications of the Xperia Play. However, some gadget pundits are of the opinion that the new touch phone has 4.2-inch screen. Moreover, it is rumored to have 5-megapixel camera with LED flash and 1GHz processor. A reputed media outlet reported that Sony Ericsson officials would provide more details about the phone, at the press conference at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, when it will be launched in February 13. The Super Bowl commercial also shows that Google Inc’s Android operating system will also run in Xperia Play.
- Sony Ericsson launches Xperia Arc, Play in India - Apr 07, 2011
- Sony unveils smart phones for upward mobile - May 24, 2012
- Phone taking 3D pictures in markets soon - Sep 05, 2011
- Sony Play Station Phone Images Starts Surfacing Online - Oct 27, 2010
- Sony Ericsson Walkman Phone Yendo Is Likely To Be Shipped In February - Dec 21, 2010
- Sony ericsson Xperia X10 - Sep 23, 2010
- Sony to acquire Ericsson's stake in joint venture for $1.47 bn - Oct 27, 2011
- Sony Ericsson launches three smart phones - Oct 28, 2009
- Mobile phone remote that can be worn on the wrist - Oct 03, 2010
- Verizon Wireless To Launch Samsung Fascinate Smartphone - Jun 29, 2010
- Russian inventors sue Sony - Feb 25, 2012
- Sony Ericsson Announces Bollywood Superstar Kareena Kapoor as its Brand Ambassador - Mar 27, 2010
- Sony to phase out feature phones by September - May 23, 2012
- Motorola launches slimmer Razr for Rs.33,990 - Nov 21, 2011
- Nokia launches two new phones in Asha series - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: control keys, exact specifications, gadget lovers, gina gomez, google, google inc, media outlets, megapixel camera, mobile world, navigation button, operating system, play station, playstation 1 games, pundits, special features, super bowl, super bowl commercials, tag line, touch screen, world congress