Sony Dash Comes With Hulu Plus Support NowDecember 9th, 2010 - 8:37 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Dec 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Sony’s personal Internet viewer Dash which was launched earlier this year has got the support for Hulu Plus service, the company said in a statement. The owners of the device simply need to subscribe to Hulu Plus to access the content including TV show episodes. The device however, does not have internal storage and needs an Internet connection. Brennan Mullin Sony’s vice-president said that the addition of Hulu Plus service to the device will offer the users with a richer media experience. The Sony Dash in fact is a unique device that is difficult to put into a category. It is not exactly an Internet tablet as well. It plays back video, TV shows, movies and web apps like YouTube and NetFlix. It also offers real time information on temperature and time to the users.
For accessing the Hulu Plus service the users will have to pay $9.99 per month. The existing retail price of the Sony Dash is $130. However, some tech veterans are of the opinion that it is actually an alarm clock with some features packed in. The downer of the device is that it does not run on batteries and it is not portable as such. Besides a home WiFi connection is required for the Dash to access web and hence a laptop makes more sense.
However,watching video on its wide 7 inch screen at a resolution of 800×480 is a nice experience. The memory at 256 MB is measly and most of the time the users need to plug in USB drives to play media of any kind. The dash can also multi task which is ideal for some users.
- Hulu Plus All Set to Launch on PS3 - Nov 06, 2010
- Hulu Now Available In New Sony LED TVs - Oct 14, 2010
- Vodafone launches mobile wi-fi device - Mar 14, 2011
- Sony enters Indian tablet market - Dec 14, 2011
- Hulu Plus Makes Debut, But Can It Compete With Netflix? - Jun 30, 2010
- Netflix Jazzing Up Its Service With Several Enhancements - Oct 21, 2010
- NBC Adds To Netflix Finally - Sep 27, 2010
- A look at three low-cost tablets (To go with tablet market story) - Aug 12, 2012
- Google Pay-Per-View Service Coming Soon - Aug 31, 2010
- Netflix App Headed For Android Market - Aug 12, 2010
- Reliance Communications unveils first CDMA tablet - Mar 12, 2012
- Sony unveils smart phones for upward mobile - May 24, 2012
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Device that turns PC into porn tv on sale in China - Jan 17, 2011
- All You Need Is A "Dash" Of Sony - Apr 25, 2010
Tags: access web, alarm clock, batteries, brennan, downer, internal storage, internet connection, internet viewer, laptop, mullin, personal internet, real time, retail price, tv show, tv shows, usb drives, vice president, video tv, web apps, youtube