Samsung unveils first tablet computer Galaxy TabSeptember 4th, 2010 - 2:19 am ICT by BNO News
SEOUL, KOREA (BNO NEWS) — Samsung unveiled its Galaxy Tab, a tablet computer running on the latest version of Google’s popular operating system, Android 2.2.
The Galaxy Tab features a 7-inch touchscreen with a 1024×600 resolution screen and can be used for Internet surfing, multimedia like movies, as a GPS, reading e-books, and making phone calls. With a 1GHz Cortex A8 processor and a 16GB hard drive, Samsung’s tablet computer will be looking to compete against Apple’s iPad.
The Galaxy Tab also has two built-in cameras - a 3-megapixel camera with a LED lamp on the back, and on the front, a smaller 1.3 mp camera designed for video calls or conferencing.
Weighing at 380 grams, the Glalaxy Tab’s advantage over the iPad is its ability to make phone calls and it lighter weight, compared to Apple’s tablet, which weighs almost twice as much, 730 grams.
Although a launch date for the U.S. was not officially scheduled, the Galaxy Tab, Samsung’s first tablet computer, is expected to hit the U.S. market in November as it will begin shipping to Europe next month.
- Samsung Releases Official Specs for Galaxy Tab - Sep 07, 2010
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 800 in India - Aug 24, 2012
- CEO of Dell Flashes 7 Inch Android Tablet Computer - Sep 23, 2010
- At 7 Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab Stands Tall To Compete With Apple iPad - Sep 07, 2010
- World's leading electronics fair opens in Berlin - Sep 04, 2011
- New iPad tops tablet ratings - Apr 03, 2012
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in Japan, Australia - Oct 17, 2011
- Samsung unveils Galaxy to challenge Apple's iPad - Sep 03, 2010
- Apple's new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixels - Mar 09, 2012
- Samsung's launches iPad rival Tab - Sep 17, 2010
- Motorola XOOM tablet launched in India - Jun 28, 2011
- Stanley Kubrick made the first iPad, claims Samsung - Aug 24, 2011
- Judge rules that Apple's iPad is cooler than Samsung's Galaxy tablet - Jul 11, 2012
- 2011 to be the year of the tablet - Nov 22, 2010
- BlackBerry tablet may hit market April 10 - Mar 03, 2011
Tags: bno, conferencing, cortex, e books, galaxy, google, hard drive, internet surfing, ipad, launch, megapixel camera, mp, phone calls, popular operating system, resolution screen, s market, samsung, seoul korea, tablet computer, touchscreen