Samsung Galaxy Tab Going On Sale On Best BuyOctober 26th, 2010 - 5:46 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Oct 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Best Buy is going to start selling the much touted Samsung Galaxy Tab from next month as it has announced. The WiFi enabled model will be sold at a price of $499 while the 3G units will have a price tag of $599. The model will be sold by Verizon and Sprint. Both the network service providers will sell the model on monthly contract plan. The tablet is a challenger to the Apple iPad which till now enjoys absolute supremacy in the Internet tablet market. The Tab runs Android 2.2 OS and has a 7 inch screen which definitely is smaller than that of iPad.
The tab has better hardware specification compared to the Apple iPad. It has dual cameras which enables a user to make video call. Another area where the Galaxy Tab trounces the iPad is the support for Adobe Flash. As it is well known a lot of websites are flash based today and the Safari Browser of Apple does not support it for security reasons. It is hard to say whether the Galaxy Tab will be able to topple the iPad from its throne or not. Apple has a loyal set of followers who would not settle for anything else no matter how many features the other devices have. The Tab does have a smaller screen which may seem a tad inconvenient for the heavy users.
Besides the Galaxy Tab has to battle it out with other Tablet rivals like the Dell Streak and the newly unveiled HP Slate 500. Samsung is keeping its fingers crossed for the success of Galaxy Tab.
- HP Slate: Good For Corporate Users, But This Is No iPad Killer! - Oct 23, 2010
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- Galaxy Tab Price Unveiled By Verizon - Oct 21, 2010
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to go on sale from 1st of March - Feb 29, 2012
- New iPad tops tablet ratings - Apr 03, 2012
- Motorola Zooms Ahead In Tablet Race With Xoom! - Jan 06, 2011
- Can Samsung Galaxy Tab Dethrone iPad? - Aug 29, 2010
- Samsung unveils Galaxy to challenge Apple's iPad - Sep 03, 2010
- Sony enters Indian tablet market - Dec 14, 2011
- At 7 Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab Stands Tall To Compete With Apple iPad - Sep 07, 2010
- Tomorrow's Tablets Shown At CES 2011 - Jan 08, 2011
- Apple gets setback in patent war - Dec 10, 2011
- After Apple, Dell and Samsung pose challenges to BlackBerry - Nov 12, 2010
- Verizon Galaxy Tab is priced at $ 599 - Oct 21, 2010
- Judge rules that Apple's iPad is cooler than Samsung's Galaxy tablet - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: absolute supremacy, apple ipad, best buy, challenger, dell, fingers, followers, galaxy, hardware specification, network service providers, price tag, ranjan, rivals, safari browser, security reasons, slate, sprint, tablet market, verizon, wifi