Samsung Galaxy Note - ‘Tablet cum Smartphone’February 14th, 2012 - 11:15 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Feb 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) When Samsung announced the release of the Galaxy Note, many tech fans never actually knew what to make of it. The device was too small to be considered a tablet and definitely it could never be a phone because it was too wide to be one. So what does that make the Galaxy Note?
The 5.3-inch device is just that - a hybrid between a tablet and a smartphone. It is the first of its kind and offers some advantages and disadvantages with its design alone. The obvious disadvantage is that the screen is too large to be used comfortably as a phone. On the flip side, the screen is too small (and of course could be annoying) to be considered a tablet.
The significant advantage is the fact that when used as a phone, the Galaxy Note can be a great tool to view multimedia. It runs on AT&T and Samsung has not released details of its pricing.
The screen of the device offers an incredible quality. With the ability to offer a resolution of up to 1280×800, the Note delivers crisp image details which will leave most tablets and notebooks in the dark. The “S Pen” brings back the art of writing in a special way. With the technology, users can write and draw on the screen of the device.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to go on sale from 1st of March - Feb 29, 2012
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 800 in India - Aug 24, 2012
- Samsung launches ultra notebook series in India - Feb 23, 2012
- Samsung to launch cheaper smartphones for India - Mar 18, 2012
- Indian handsets market reports 5 percent drop in revenues - Jul 09, 2012
- Samsung unveils Galaxy to challenge Apple's iPad - Sep 03, 2010
- World's leading electronics fair opens in Berlin - Sep 04, 2011
- HTC brings its tablet, HTC Flyer to India (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- Ice cream sandwich powered Galaxy Nexus makes its debut - Oct 19, 2011
- Samsung Fascinate is going to be great - Sep 22, 2010
- Samsung has not infringed Apple's key patent: Tokyo court - Aug 31, 2012
- Samsung unveils first tablet computer Galaxy Tab - Sep 04, 2010
- Intel-powered smartphone, tablet to enter market in 2012 - Dec 22, 2011
- Apple awarded $1 bn in patent fight with Samsung - Aug 25, 2012
- Samsung's tablet looks to take on iPad - Nov 02, 2010