Rumor has it that iPhone 5 is going to have a 4-inch displayMay 21st, 2012 - 7:56 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, May 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) There are rumors that the size of the screen of Apple’s iPhone 5 handset will increase to 4 inches. Anonymous sources have pointed out that the new iPhone that Apple is expected to unveil this year will feature a larger display than its current models.
Apple’s suppliers have claimed that the company has placed orders for larger display screens. LG Display, Sharp and Japan Display are the companies that will manufacture the new screens. Samsung, one of Apple’s major suppliers and sole distributor of Retina display screen for the company’s third-generation iPad, is not among the list of potential suppliers for the screens. LG Display and Sharp have both previously supplied display screens for Apple.
Japan Display Inc. is a new production created by Japan’s government by negotiating the merger of three separate manufacturing companies. It has been suggested that the new iPhone will feature a larger 4-inch Retina display and 4G LTE compatibility.
It has been estimated that these firms will start producing of 4-inch displays for Apple as soon as next month. Production of the sixth-generation iPhone is expected to begin in August.
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in France, Italy - Oct 05, 2011
- iPhone 5 pre-orders top record 2 million in first 24 hours - Sep 18, 2012
- Apple to introduce iPad 3 in March - Feb 10, 2012
- New iPad to go on sale Friday: Apple - Mar 15, 2012
- Bharti Airtel to launch iPhone 4 in the India - Apr 11, 2011
- Apple To Launch Next Versions Of iPhone And iPad - Jan 19, 2011
- Apple iPhone 5 Speculations Running Riot - Jan 12, 2011
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple unveils slimmer, lighter iPhone 5 - Sep 13, 2012
- iPhone 5 photos and news reports leaked - Sep 04, 2012
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to go on sale from 1st of March - Feb 29, 2012
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in Japan, Australia - Oct 17, 2011
- Apple's new iPad hits Japanese market - Mar 16, 2012
- Apple's new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixels - Mar 09, 2012
- Apple iPhone 5 is slimmer, lighter (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: anonymous sources, apple japan, compatibility, handset, inch displays, ipad, iphone, iphone 5, manufacturing companies, merger, models, retina, samsung, screens, sixth generation, sole distributor, third generation