Rockmelt: A Social Browser Emerges In The WebNovember 9th, 2010 - 8:35 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Nov 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) With so many Internet browsers already present and easily accessible, is there any need for yet another browser? The inventors of the new social browser Rockmelt think so, apparently. The new browser is based on the Chromium core, the open source toolkit that powers the speedy Chrome browser from Google. The browser is now in beta form but the web analysts have given it a thumb up already. Of course a beta version cannot be perfect and there are rooms for improvement. However, with the final release the glitches possibly would get ironed out.
There are chances that the new browser will click with a section of the web users, those who are addicted to social networking. For instance, the Facebook users can see right in the browser which of their friends are on line. However, the social aspect of the browser is by no means over the top and it does not interfere with the way one uses the web as such. The Share button makes sharing images and messages with friends in different social networking sites a cakewalk. The search feature of the new browser is really cool. The users with slower connections will appreciate its blazing speed and it is only too natural considering its core is the same as Google Chrome.
The browser also scores on the RSS feeds front and it can beat any other browser by a fair margin. However, the browser does have its limitations. As of now only the Twitter and Facebook users may benefit from it. It needs to integrate well with other popular social networking sites to become a truly social browser.
- New browser combines web search with Facebook - Nov 09, 2010
- New app helps find who 'unfriends' you on Facebook - Jan 31, 2012
- IE 9 Public Beta Ready For Release, But Can It Beat Google Chrome? - Aug 22, 2010
- Google Chrome 6 Vs Firefox 4 Beta: Grand Showdown! - Aug 22, 2010
- Google launches 'cloud' service - Apr 25, 2012
- Google Chrome is third most popular browser - Aug 01, 2011
- The IE9 Beta gets launched - Sep 21, 2010
- Google Chrome is giving Firefox a tough compition. - Sep 23, 2010
- Google 3D medical browser maps human body - Dec 17, 2010
- Bing to integrate social networking with search results - May 11, 2012
- Google unveils social network to challenge Facebook - Jun 29, 2011
- Google Background Fails To Excite Users - Jun 11, 2010
- Google Chrome top browser for first time - Mar 22, 2012
- Google now restricts Facebook access to Gmail contacts - Nov 06, 2010
- Now internet users can watch who is spying on them - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,