Ray Ozzie Quitting Microsoft After 5 Years Of JoiningOctober 19th, 2010 - 7:57 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Oct 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Ray Ozzie who is considered as the successor of Bill Gates as the chief software architect in Microsoft is all set to bid adieu to the company as it has been reported. Steve Ballmer, the CEO of the Redmond based software giant sent an email to the employees of the company to inform them. However, he will continue with Microsoft for an unspecified transition period. It is not known whether the company as started searching for a replacement as yet. Ray Ozzie had joined the company 5 years back as the chief technical officer and it was at that time Microsoft had purchased Groove Networks, his software entity. He is credited with conceiving the much touted Microsoft Azure.
It is not known whether he is leaving for any difference of opinion with the management or related reasons. He was also involved in developing Lotus Symphony which paved the way for the widely used and popular Microsoft Office. His talent made Ray Ozzie the replacement for Bill Gates at Microsoft. He is considered as the mastermind for bringing in some key changes in the software development policies of the company.
There is no denying the fact that it was owing to his insistence that Microsoft became interested in the concept of cloud computing. Bill Gates distanced himself from full time involvement in Microsoft two years back and since that time Ray Ozzie took the rein of technology development and employment at the company. However, he was not seen in major media events much and had a reclusive nature as opposed to Bill Gates who loved the spotlight.
- Aditi Technologies acquires US cloud computing firm - Nov 21, 2011
- Microsoft will focus on product line: Ballmer - May 27, 2010
- Essar unleashes cloud power with Windows Azure - Apr 30, 2012
- Microsoft raises employees pay to keep 'top talent' and stay ahead of competition - Apr 23, 2011
- Microsoft appoints new marketing head - Apr 07, 2011
- Microsoft to launch Windows Phone 7 next week - Oct 05, 2010
- As Gates walks away, Microsoft faces challenges - Jun 23, 2008
- Chinese Vice Premier Li met with Microsoft's Bill Gates to strengthen cooperation - Sep 29, 2010
- A new 'Gate-way' for India's Africa diplomacy - May 31, 2012
- Microsoft to acquire Skype for $8.5 billion - May 10, 2011
- Microsoft bets big on cloud, more interactive technologies - May 26, 2011
- One of the best planned transitions in corporate history (Commentary) - Jun 27, 2008
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to focus on drugs, vaccine research - Mar 24, 2011
- Will Microsoft buy BlackBerry to take on Apple? - May 06, 2011
- Bill Gates to testify in Utah in the Novell Inc. suit - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: based software, bill gates, chief software architect, chief technical officer, development policies, difference of opinion, groove networks, insistence, lotus symphony, mastermind, microsoft office, ray ozzie, software development, software giant, steve ballmer, technology development, time involvement, time microsoft, time ray, transition period