Playstation Plus Unveiled At E3 By SonyJune 16th, 2010 - 7:31 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
June 16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) After offering the users of PS3 absolutely free online gaming experience Sony has finally dished out a subscription add-on service called PlayStation Plus for the PlayStation network.
The existing features of the standard PlayStation Network will be given in the new service as has been revealed by the company. Apart from that the PS3 users will be able to access discounts, game demos, automatic updates, digital content etc. The cost of the service has been set at $18 for 3 months. As an alternative one can pay $50 for a year’s subscription.
The PlayStation Plus service will be made available for the PS3 owners this month and the users will also be able to gain the benefits for free for the first three months.
The new service is aimed at countering the new service rolled out by rival Microsoft for its Xbox console owners. Apart from announcing the new service Sony has also unveiled the PlayStation Move. It is an interesting Ps3 peripheral and can be described as a motion-sensing wand. The device will be launched on September 19. The price is not too high at $50 a piece.
The PlayStation Move bears a resemblance to the Nintendo’s Wii Nunchuk. The revelations have made the PS3cownesr extremely happy as they will be able to play the new and upcoming PS3 games better.
Both Microsoft and Sony have gone their own ways to woo the gamers at the E3. Some of the people think the pricing for the Move is on the higher side. Anyhow, the PS3 owners will flock to the stores to buy it.
- Microsoft to bring cable TV content to Xbox game console - Oct 06, 2011
- Mortal Kombat New Version Coming In 2011 - Jun 12, 2010
- Microsoft X-Box Slim Release Date Announced At E3 - Jun 15, 2010
- PlayStation 3 to release new expanded hard drives with 160GB and 320GB capacity in North America - Aug 18, 2010
- Now a game on 'Madagascar 3' - May 29, 2012
- Sony PlayStation Move Sales Eclipsing Kinect? - Dec 02, 2010
- Hulu Plus Makes Debut, But Can It Compete With Netflix? - Jun 30, 2010
- Hulu Plus All Set to Launch on PS3 - Nov 06, 2010
- Film-based games to fuel worldwide revenue: SRK - Oct 06, 2011
- Tech group to release USB dongle that "hacks" PlayStation 3 - Aug 21, 2010
- Xbox 360 Users Now Get Internet TV Service - Oct 14, 2010
- Heavy Rain dominates video game Baftas - Mar 17, 2011
- Microsoft Kinect To Break Selling Records? - Sep 29, 2010
- Gold PS3 Released For The Geeks With Deep Pockets - Dec 12, 2009
- PS3 Update 3.21 Unveiled By Sony - Apr 01, 2010
Tags: automatic updates, digital content, e3, first three months, free online gaming, game demos, gamers, gaming experience, nintendo, playstation, ranjan, resemblance, revelations, rival microsoft, sony, upcoming ps3 games, wand, wii, wii nunchuk, xbox