Orkut Gets Flooded With Bom Sabado ScrapSeptember 25th, 2010 - 8:20 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Sep 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) After Facebook and Twitter, it is the turn of another popular social networking site Orkut to fall prey to malicious hackers. It is not yet confirmed but the invasion of the latest Bom Sabado scrap affecting the scrapbook of thousands of Orkut users indicate so. It could turn out to be a hoax played by a prankster as well but the scrap has gone viral and lots of users of Orkut have complained that they find this strange looking scrap in their inbox. Some of the users got worried after seeing this scrap in their scrapbook and asked their friends in Orkut whether they have also got afflicted by the script. When many of them heard the friends also got the scrap they became cautious.
It is uncertain whether it is a malicious code or not but to be on the safer side the Orkut users should switch to the earlier version of Orkut. The cookies and cache of their browser need to be cleaned as that will wipe out any code staying in the cache. They can also opt for a password change for added security. The word Bom Sabado means Good Friday. It has been reported that the same script appeared earlier in February. It would be best if the users who have got this scrap stop accessing their Orkut account for some time.
The Orkut users are searching the web for information on this script but thee are not many resources as of now. The thing could be harmless but it once again points out to the fact that the hackers are increasingly targeting the popular social networking sites.
- Mobile phones hackers' main target - Apr 06, 2012
- Facebook stops 600,000 hacking attempts daily - Oct 29, 2011
- Facebook Email Scam, McAfee Issues Warning - Mar 19, 2010
- Twitter hack sends users to hardcore porn sites - Sep 22, 2010
- Twitter accounts hacked, flooded with spam - Dec 14, 2010
- Twitter Hacked? Loophole Found And Fixed, Users Relieved - Sep 22, 2010
- Beware of Valentine's spam, warns IT security firm - Feb 13, 2012
- Rockmelt: A Social Browser Emerges In The Web - Nov 09, 2010
- How do hackers obtain nude pics of celebs? - Mar 20, 2011
- Facebook May Dethrone Orkut In India? - Aug 19, 2010
- 'Hacker' application on Facebook stealing users' personal info - Aug 18, 2010
- Rogue Facebook App Affects 300,000 Users - Jul 07, 2010
- India tops in originating spam, phishing in Asia: Report - May 11, 2010
- Facebook users' details on sale in New Zealand - Apr 25, 2010
- Facebook Outage Lasted For 30 Minutes When Company Tested New Features - Dec 17, 2010
Tags: added security, facebook, good friday, hoax, inbox, invasion, malicious code, malicious hackers, orkut, prankster, prey, safer side, scrapbook, searching the web, social networking site, social networking sites