Nokia Admits Selling N8 Phone With Power ProblemsNovember 20th, 2010 - 12:04 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Nov 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) According to a report in ‘Mobilemedia’; Nokie has admitted to selling their flagship N8 smartphone with faulty power switches, a confession which is sure to bring about some heat since this product is very crucial to the success of the company this quarter.
The phone maker which is based out of Espoo, Finland made the announcement as customers are reporting issues with the phone, such as powering off for nor reason, and becoming impossible to turn back on. Others said that their phone would never power up from the beginning.
But Tapani Kaskinen, who is a spokesperson for Nokie claims, “It’s a very small number of phones, we don’t have exact numbers.”
The problem has been tracked down to an issue with the way the phones were assembled, and measures were said to have been taken that will solve the issues. The sales chief, Niklas Savander released a video which addresses the problem, embedded below. He says that Nokie is concerned, but stresses that it is a small number of phones. As for those whose phones cannot be fixed? They will be given new ones.
- Nokia admits Power Problems with its N8 phone - Nov 20, 2010
- Nokia to close facilities, cut up to 10,000 jobs worldwide - Jun 15, 2012
- Is Apple's iPhone 4 Apology Enough? - Jul 05, 2010
- Nokia sues Apple for infringement of patents with iPad - May 08, 2010
- Apple Starts Offering Free Cases For iPhone 4 - Jul 24, 2010
- Nokia announces acquisition of Novarra - Apr 09, 2010
- Android, iOS power 85 percent of smartphones shipped - Aug 09, 2012
- Survey reveals that Android and Apple control 71 percent of the smartphone market - Nov 30, 2011
- Nokia executive vice president Anssi Vanjoki resigns - Sep 14, 2010
- Now, a smartphone app that monitors what you are up to - Nov 27, 2010
- Nokia to reduce worldwide workforce by 4,000 - Apr 27, 2011
- Year of tech, tweets, tablets and telecom (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 27, 2011
- Motorola acknowledges the screen problems with 'Droid X' - Jul 26, 2010
- Droid X Phones Experiences Screen Problems, Motorola Assures Replacement - Jul 22, 2010
- Britons turning smartphone addicts - Aug 04, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,