Motorola Zooms Ahead In Tablet Race With Xoom!January 6th, 2011 - 6:41 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Jan 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The gadget lovers who were speculating whether the much awaited Motorola tablet will be worth the hype and wait can be assured that the device does live up to the hoopla. The chief executive officer of Motorola Mobility section, Sanjay Jha unveiled the much awaited Android tablet at CES 2011 at Las Vegas yesterday. Ever since the teaser video on the tablet was released online the geeks and gadget lovers became excited and many tech veterans dubbed it as the potential iPad killer. The tablet unveiled at the CES 2011 has been named Xoom and it run son Honeycomb, the tablet specific version of Android. If the specs and performance of the Xoom tablet is anything to go by then both Apple iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab will face the heat soon. Motorola may capture a segment of the fast emerging Tablet market with this device and given the fact that it will be sold by Verizon Wireless, that seems possible.
The Motorola Xoom has stellar looks and robust build quality. The 10 inch wide screen display of the screen has a 19:10 aspect ratio and the device is actually slimmer than the iPad. It also beats the Samsung Galaxy tab in the imaging department with its 5 MP back camera and 2 MP front camera. The resolution of the screen is 1280×800. Motorola says it can playback video for 10 hours on battery. While it will be able to access the 3G network of Verizon, Motorola says it is “capable of being upgraded to 4G”.
Motorola has not yet revealed the cost of the Xoom and its shipping date yet. The tablet uses Google’s Chrome browser with support for multiple tabs. The icing on the cake is that it supports Adobe Flash by default.
- Tomorrow's Tablets Shown At CES 2011 - Jan 08, 2011
- Motorola XOOM tablet launched in India - Jun 28, 2011
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to go on sale from 1st of March - Feb 29, 2012
- Motorola Launches Cliq 2 At CES 2011 - Jan 07, 2011
- Apple gets setback in patent war - Dec 10, 2011
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Going On Sale On Best Buy - Oct 26, 2010
- Galaxy Tab Price Unveiled By Verizon - Oct 21, 2010
- Samsung unveils first tablet computer Galaxy Tab - Sep 04, 2010
- Samsung Releases Official Specs for Galaxy Tab - Sep 07, 2010
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- Samsung unveils Galaxy to challenge Apple's iPad - Sep 03, 2010
- Can Samsung Galaxy Tab Dethrone iPad? - Aug 29, 2010
- At 7 Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab Stands Tall To Compete With Apple iPad - Sep 07, 2010
- World's leading electronics fair opens in Berlin - Sep 04, 2011
- Apple awarded $1 bn in patent fight with Samsung - Aug 25, 2012
Tags: 1280x800, 3g network, 4g, apple ipad, aspect ratio, ces, chief executive officer, gadget lovers, galaxy, google, hoopla, hype, icing on the cake, imaging department, playback, ranjan, sanjay jha, tablet market, verizon wireless, xoom