Motorola acknowledges the screen problems with ‘Droid X’July 26th, 2010 - 7:31 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, July 26 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Motorola is in a spot just like Apple when its iPhone 4 Smartphone experienced what has come to be known as the “AntennaeGate” problem.
Motorola’s Droid X has come in the news after some customers of the brand complained of flickering screen. But Verizon, the wireless carrier said though the problem exists, it affects only a batch of the Smartphone’s shipped.
The Droid X, which is the next version of Motorola’s Droid, runs on Google’s Android. The phone, which was highly publicized before its launch last two weeks, suffered its first set back when some customers who rushed to buy the device complained of flickering screen and banding display problems.
The company acknowledged the problem almost immediately, which was a move, which Apple had failed to make. The acknowledgment and the solution offered by Motorola seemed to have made Droid X’s problem less hectic than Apple’s ‘AntennaeGate’.
Motorola has announced that customers who experienced this problem with their screen should contact their vendor for replacement. “We are aware of a very small number of Droid X units that have experienced a flickering or banding display. The exposure of devices is limited to less than one-tenth of a percent,” according to Motorola spokesperson Juli Burda.
Motorola has however announced that the phone, which is out of stock, will be back on the shelves this week.
- Customers Of Droid X With Screen Problems Would Receive A Replacement - Jul 26, 2010
- Droid X Phones Experiences Screen Problems, Motorola Assures Replacement - Jul 22, 2010
- Verizon confirms that there is a screen problem with Motorola Droid X, announces a fix for it - Jul 22, 2010
- Droid Bionic From Motorola Shown At CES 2011 - Jan 06, 2011
- Apple wins slide to unlock case - Feb 17, 2012
- Motorola launches world's `thinnest' smartphone - Oct 19, 2011
- Motorola Droid Release Date: October 30 - Oct 20, 2009
- Motorola Droid Set To Battle Out Apple's iPhone - Oct 18, 2009
- Verizon Not Getting iPhone 4 This Year - Jun 08, 2010
- Apple iPhone 5 is slimmer, lighter (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple unveils slimmer, lighter iPhone 5 - Sep 13, 2012
- Motorola And Verizon Readies Droid Update - Dec 10, 2009
- Motorola launches slimmer Razr for Rs.33,990 - Nov 21, 2011
- Verizon Droid Slated For A November 6 Release - Oct 27, 2009
- Apple's new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixels - Mar 09, 2012