Microsoft’s announcement, nothing to do with Barnes & NobleJune 19th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, June 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The scheduled announcement that Microsoft is planning to issue later today has generated increased media attention. Rumors have claimed that the company would announce today the launch of a new Barnes&Noble tablet.
According to spokespeople from the booksellers Barnes & Noble, the company will not be part of today’s announcement by computing giant Microsoft, which, according to the rumors, was planning to launch a Barnes & Noble tablet that could compete with the Amazon Kindle Fire.
Nevertheless, many commentators still believe that Microsoft will announce the launch of a new tablet today, which would compete directly with the iPad or with the Kindle Fire. The alleged new Microsoft tablet has a number of gaming features, including Xbox Live streaming.
Other experts claim Microsoft will announce the successor to their Xbox 360, the Xbox 720. This would come as a surprises, a this kind of announcements are usually carried out at major gaming trade shows like E3.
Microsoft Corporation is one of the world’s major developers and manufacturer of computer products and services, being one of the world’s largest software corporations. The firm diversified its operations into the video game sector with the Xbox series.
- Amazon sells over one mn Kindles per week - Dec 16, 2011
- Amazon launches 'Kindle Fire' for $199 - Sep 28, 2011
- Amazon sells 3.9 mn tablets in Q4 2011 - Feb 17, 2012
- Amazon introduces new Kindle e-reader, HD tablet - Sep 07, 2012
- Amazon sells over 4 mn Kindle devices in December - Dec 30, 2011
- E-books outsell hardbacks on Amazon - Jul 21, 2010
- Microsoft to bring cable TV content to Xbox game console - Oct 06, 2011
- Amazon cuts price of Kindle e-book reader - Jun 22, 2010
- Harry Potter eBooks come to Amazon Kindle library - May 11, 2012
- Google Initiates eBooks To Compete Against Its Rival, Amazon - Dec 08, 2010
- Is e-reader sounding paperback's death knell? - Apr 13, 2012
- Apple tests smaller tablet with eight-inch screen - Feb 15, 2012
- US sues Apple over e-book price fixing scheme - Apr 12, 2012
- Microsoft reports first loss in 26 years - Jul 20, 2012
- Indian house opens electronic publishing centre - Aug 01, 2011
Tags: amazon kindle, barnes noble, booksellers, commentators, computer products, game sector, gaming features, gaming trade, giant microsoft, ipad, largest software, launch, media attention, microsoft corporation, software corporations, video game, xbox, xbox 360, xbox 720, xbox live