Microsoft Slate Coming By Christmas This YearOctober 6th, 2010 - 7:35 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Oct 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Redmond based technology giant Microsoft which has been trying for quite some time to gain a foothold in the smart phone and Internet tablet market is going to unleash thew Slate its much touted Internet tablet by the end of this year. The news was presented by Steve Ballmer the CEO of the company. Microsoft wants to take Apple head on in their game but given the huge popularity the iPad enjoys it is an uphill task for the company. The iPad was launched almost 6 months back and ever since its debut it has become the hottest selling gadget from the stable of Apple. Even Apple is a little surprised by its stupendous success and reports suggest that iPad is now affecting netbook and laptop sales.
The Microsoft CEO seemed pretty upbeat about the Slate and he said Tuesday “You’ll see new slates with Windows on them. You’ll see them this Christmas”. However,he did not give any more information on the technical specification and the cost of the upcoming device. The Internet tablet market is at its nascent stage and presently iPad is enjoying almost no competition. However, Dell Streak and HP’s tablet are slated to hit the stores soon and after that the scene might change a little. There is no denying that Microsoft needs to do a lot of homework to catch up with Apple in this segment.
Earlier Microsoft faced the flak for their dismal performance in mobile market. Its Kin smart phones were withdrawn even though they got good response and review. Hopefully the Slate will have an advanced version of Windows in it.
- Microsoft And HP Joining Hands To Combat iPad - Jul 23, 2010
- Dell Streak Coming To Europe First, USA In Queue - May 25, 2010
- Android's big share of global tablet shipments in Q4 2011 - Jan 27, 2012
- Microsoft Slate With Windows Will Be Available By Christmas - Oct 06, 2010
- Apple's new iPad today to kick off tablet war - Mar 02, 2011
- HP Slate 500: Can It Challenge The iPad? - Oct 22, 2010
- Windows 8 for PCs, tablets next year - May 24, 2011
- Samsung unveils Galaxy to challenge Apple's iPad - Sep 03, 2010
- Will Microsoft buy BlackBerry to take on Apple? - May 06, 2011
- Dell CEO Unveils Its 7-Inch Tablet Computer - Sep 23, 2010
- Microsoft to launch Windows Phone 7 next week - Oct 05, 2010
- Not stopping PlayBook tablet, says BlackBerry - Jul 19, 2011
- New iPad Mini to be released in October - Aug 27, 2012
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- 2011 to be the year of the tablet - Nov 22, 2010
Tags: apple head, company microsoft, dismal performance, foothold, giant microsoft, ipad, laptop sales, microsoft ceo, mobile market, nascent stage, netbook, quite some time, ranjan, slates, smart phone, smart phones, steve ballmer, tablet market, technology giant, uphill task