Mark Zuckerberg sued by Facebook investorsJune 5th, 2012 - 7:02 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, June 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Investors have filed a lawsuit against Mark Zuckerberg, CEO and founder of the social networking site Facebook, claiming that he knew the organisation had been overpriced before its flotation on the 12 May.
The company debuted on the U.S. stock market for $100 billion. The company’s shares soon later declined in value, generating complaints from numerous company investors, who claim that Zuckerberg knew the stock was overvalued, as Facebook had not generated enough income from advertising to warrant selling shares at $38. Allegedly, by withholding information, the company’s CEO was able to make billion dollars, taking advantage of the firm’s investors.
The popularity of sites like Facebook cannot be denied. Founded by Zuckerberg in 2004, Facebook now has over 900 million users. These figures make the site the largest social networks in the world.
The site is also receiving renewed media attention for its plan to allow individuals under 13 to join the site. This controversial move has received criticism from a number of commentators, among fears that the lifting of the ban will expose children to a number of dangers, including child pornography and cyber-bullying.
- Facebook CEO commits to lock his stock for 12 months - Sep 05, 2012
- Facebook set to raise $16 bn with largest tech IPO - May 18, 2012
- Facebook CEO upgrades relationship status - Married (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Facebook plans to go public to raise $87bn - May 04, 2012
- British kids call police after bullying on Facebook - Apr 13, 2012
- Facebook to become publicly-listed company - Jan 30, 2012
- UK kids as young as 7 have Facebook accounts, get 'cyber bullied' - Mar 15, 2011
- Russian social network delays IPO after Facebook crash - May 30, 2012
- Mark Zuckerberg may need to pay $2 billion in taxes - Feb 08, 2012
- Facebook buys Instagram for $1 bn (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Facebook to be valued at over $100 bn in 2012 - Nov 29, 2011
- Facebook acquires Instagram for $1 billion - Apr 10, 2012
- Facebook IPO boosts growth of Chinese sites - Feb 03, 2012
- Facebook files for $5 bn IPO - Feb 02, 2012
- Facebook's early investors likely to sell shares worth billion dollars - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: billion dollars, ceo, child pornography, commentators, company investors, controversial move, facebook, fears, mark zuckerberg, media attention, popularity, selling shares, social networking site, social networks, u s stock market