Man arrested for hacking Facebook accountsApril 22nd, 2011 - 8:05 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Minnesota, April 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A 26-year-old man has been arrested for hacking into the Facebook accounts of unsuspecting people. Prosecutors say the man, Timothy Peter Noirjean, stole female pictures belonging to some of his victims and posted the images on porn websites.
One of the victims - an 18-year-old female who was not identified – made a report to the police when she realized that her password on Facebook has been reset and some of her pictures in her email inbox also stolen. She explained that she had earlier given her personal details to someone that she thought she knew. The complainant said one of her friends was nearly tricked as well.
The incident happened on the 5th of February 2010. The police say between that period and March the same year, Timothy managed to steal the pictures of at least 8 women. When the police searched through his computer, they found 92 folders that contained 235 email addresses along with what is believed to be answers to security questions of the email accounrs. Pictures of women were also found on the computer.
Timothy has told the police that he indeed hacked into the accounts of his victims but he denied knowledge that it was criminal. He is due to appear in court on the 26 of May to answer to 13 counts of identity theft.
- California hacker hunted naked photos from women's emails - Jan 14, 2011
- Kim Kardashian's Twitter account hacked - Feb 23, 2011
- Sarah Palin e-mail hacker gets one year in jail - Nov 13, 2010
- Student found guilty of hacking Sarah Palin's e-mail account - May 01, 2010
- US man faces 5-yrs jail for reading wife's emails without permission - Dec 28, 2010
- Connect to your computer in blink of an eye - May 12, 2011
- Facebook Email Scam, McAfee Issues Warning - Mar 19, 2010
- US hacker accused of blackmailing women into making homemade porn - Jun 25, 2010
- Hotmail users 'furious' to find empty inboxes, missing folders - Jan 02, 2011
- Facebook to ask users phone details - Jun 15, 2012
- Sarah Palin's e-mail hacker sentenced to 1 year and 1 day in prison - Nov 13, 2010
- Teenager sues mother for harassing him on Facebook - Apr 09, 2010
- Man faces jail for reading wife's e-mail - Dec 28, 2010
- Top US officials' gmail hit by Chinese phishing - Jun 02, 2011
- Madeleine Grant criticized for her strategy to win the librarian contest - Mar 05, 2012