Limera1n Announced By Famed Hacked GeohotOctober 9th, 2010 - 7:45 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
The users of the 3rd Generation iPod Touch and iPhone have some good news in store for them. Reputed iPhone hacker Geohot has promised that he will unleash a jailbreak for the devices codenamed as LimeRa1n. As per his claim with this crack the users will be able to jailbreak all Apple devices running iOS4.1. That means the new crack will be applicable to a lot of Apple products including the new iPhone 4. this is rather strange as the famed hacker decided to quit the hacking scene only a few months back. He even deleted his Twitter account. It seems that he has reconsidered his decision.
Incidentally another Jailbreak is going o be released by the Chronic Dev-Team which has named their crack as GreenPois0n. Geohot has hinted that he will make the new jailbreak available on Oct 11th. This once again proves that Apple’s attempt to stop the hackers from getting control of its flagship devices such as the iPod and iPhone have after all turned futile. Despite issuing numerous updates to the iOS the Cupertino based technology giant is once again losing out to the hackers. Geohot makes use of a new exploit compared to what GreenP0ison has.
The geeks who have iPhone and iPod look for Jailbreak as it enables them to install third party applications which are not available from the App store in their devices. However, this is not the same as SIM unlocking. Apple’s policy indicates the jail breaking can amount to nullification of the warranty on the device. The Apple users are waiting for Oct 11th now.
- Limera1n Jailbreak Is Now Out! - Oct 10, 2010
- Greenpois0n Jailbreak Arrive For Mac Users - Feb 04, 2011
- Limera1n Going To Be Released Shortly - Apr 26, 2010
- Greenpois0n RC5 Goes Out To Web, Users Excited - Feb 04, 2011
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- Apple iOS 4.1 Released Today in U.S. Not Jailbreak Compatible - Sep 08, 2010
- Chinese downloads 25 billionth app - Mar 06, 2012
- Hacker claims security flaw with Apple's iPhone - Aug 18, 2012
- Apple Gets Trademark For 'There's An App For That' Catchphrase - Oct 12, 2010
- Apple's iCloud fetches deals with major record labels - Jun 03, 2011
- Apple's app store crosses 15 billion downloads - Jul 08, 2011
- iPad Jailbreak Spirit Released - May 03, 2010
- Experts warn against iPhone security flaw - Aug 05, 2010
- Apple's iPhone 4S sales top four mn in three days - Oct 18, 2011
- The new iPod touch: practically a smartphone - Sep 19, 2010
Tags: 3rd generation, apple products, apple users, crack, cupertino, dev team, famed hacker, flagship, geeks, geohot, hackers, ios, iphone, iphone 4, jailbreak, party applications, ranjan, sim, technology giant, third party