LED Light Bulbs coming soonMay 11th, 2009 - 11:32 pm ICT by GD
During last year’s Lightfair, the annual trade show of the lightening industry, many companies from far and wide, big and small held discussions on the imminent introduction LED light bulbs as a replacement for those conventional light bulb.
This year’s Lightfair that was held in New York saw some progress in the discussions on the subject as the manufacturers and different companies were much more specific and factual about their plans.
The initial experimental version of the LED light bulb that will be available hopefully later this year will come from the companies like Philips, Lighting Science and Osram Sylvania. These LED light bulbs will give off that amount of light that will be equivalent to a standard 40-watt incandescent light bulb.
However, making this LED light bulb is not as simple as the discussions goes. To increase the output of the light and that it is equal to the brighter is a complex process. To achieve this, the manufacturers first need to figure out how to develop brighter LED chips, which can accommodate the increased heat in a relatively compact size, while all the way consuming a comparatively less amount of power. In brief, the manufactures need to determine on a LED chip that will use less power and give more light.
About the price of these LED light bulbs, the manufacturers in the last year’s annual light fair trade were talking about the bulbs being available at a cost of about $60, however this year’s saw Lightfair saw the prospective price of the bulb coming down to $20 to $30.
- Delhi offers concession on LED bulbs - Jul 20, 2012
- LED bulbs to sell cheap in Delhi (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- China to phase out incandescent lamps - Nov 04, 2011
- New liquid-cooled LED as bright as 100W bulb - Jan 15, 2012
- This lightbulb has burnt on for over 100 years - Jul 14, 2012
- Karnataka mulls mandatory use of CFL bulbs - Feb 28, 2011
- New low energy light bulb can help save the planet - Dec 13, 2009
- Soon, a light bulb that is mercury free and much more luminous - Jan 25, 2009
- Energy efficient CFLs not as bright as claimed - Jan 12, 2010
- He dispels darkness through solar lamps (With photo) - Aug 20, 2012
- Energy-consuming light bulbs to go out in Hong Kong - Aug 15, 2011
- Selling below cost no loss for 'green' bulb makers - May 03, 2009
- Bicycle-powered Christmas tree lighted in Mexico - Nov 28, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh to subsidise CFLs for consumers - Jun 13, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh could save 1,080 MW with CFLs: Official (Lead) - Jun 14, 2010
Tags: annual trade show, compact size, conventional light, different companies, experimental version, incandescent light bulb, led chips, led light bulbs, lightfair, osram sylvania, philips lighting, science