Khan academy releases their iPad appMarch 12th, 2012 - 11:29 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Mar 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The YouTube lecture series Khan Academy is all set to revolutionize the educational world with their new iPad app. The basic idea of the brains behind Khan Academy – Salman Khan is to give everyone a chance at quality education and that too, free of cost.
In keeping with this philosophy, MIT educated Salman Khan has made a website which boasts of more than 2500 lectures dealing with various subjects such as Maths, Science, History etc. And now all these K-12 lectures would also be made available on the latest app from the Khan Academy.
Numerous videos are also available for learning and the app also lets the learner track his or her progress through the various courses. In keeping with the language issues, sub titles are also available on the videos so that people can view the videos in their native tongues. Besides this, the officials at the Khan Academy have also kept in mind the internet challenges that many countries face. So the students can also login and download the lectures and then view them offline as well.
“If you’re going on a road trip or if you’re taking mass transit and you don’t have cell service, or whatever, you can get the content,” according to Khan Academy Lead Designer Jason Rosoff.
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- Skype says 'supernodes' went offline in worldwide crash - Dec 23, 2010
- 'Waste Land' app released - Jun 08, 2011
- Playboy's uncensored pictures will soon be available on iPad - Jan 20, 2011
- Meet Salman Khan, the one man global educator on Youtube! - Apr 26, 2011
- BlackBerry tablet called 'half baked' product - Apr 15, 2011
- Apple's app store crosses 15 billion downloads - Jul 08, 2011
- Started with borrowed money, Apple becomes world's No. 1 company - Aug 11, 2011
- Want to hold a party? Use free invitation online tool - Feb 17, 2012
- iPad Available in US on April 3 - Mar 05, 2010
- Facebook malware attack spreading quickly - May 31, 2010
- 36 hours of videos uploaded on YouTube every minute - Feb 16, 2011
- News anchor licks iPad as part of April Fool prank - Apr 06, 2011
- David Cameron's iPad app to cost £20,000 - Mar 05, 2012
- Internet firms spy on personal texts sent on smartphones - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: brains, educational world, internet challenges, ipad, language issues, lecture series, mass transit, native tongues, philosophy, quality education, road trip, rosoff, salman khan, science history