Judge rules that Apple’s iPad is cooler than Samsung’s Galaxy tabletJuly 11th, 2012 - 9:46 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, July 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) An UK judge has ruled that the Apple’s iPad is ‘cooler’ than the Samsung’s Galaxy tablet. And so both of them are not similar and thus Samsung doesn’t ‘infringe’ on Apple’s patent on tablets.
Judge Colin Birss said that there are numerous noticeable differences between both of them and thus the infringement question does not arise.
Judge Colin Birss said that, “From the front, they belong to the family which includes the Apple design; but the Samsung products are very thin, almost insubstantial members of that family with unusual details on the back. They do not have the same understated and extreme simplicity which is possessed by the Apple design. They are not as cool. The overall impression produced is different. The Samsung tablets do not infringe Apple’s registered design No. 000181607-0001.”
The Galaxy tabs in question were the Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9 and Galaxy Tab 7.7 and all of them had visible differences when they were compared with Apple’s iPad.
The ruling by the UK Judge has been welcomed heartily by Samsung officials and it has saddened the Apple iPad makers.
- Samsung did not copy 'cool' Apple iPad: Court - Jul 10, 2012
- Apple gets setback in patent war - Dec 10, 2011
- Apple awarded $1 bn in patent fight with Samsung - Aug 25, 2012
- Stanley Kubrick made the first iPad, claims Samsung - Aug 24, 2011
- Apple wins battle to block Samsung tablets in Australia - Oct 13, 2011
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to go on sale from 1st of March - Feb 29, 2012
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in Japan, Australia - Oct 17, 2011
- New iPad tops tablet ratings - Apr 03, 2012
- Samsung unveils first tablet computer Galaxy Tab - Sep 04, 2010
- Samsung has not infringed Apple's key patent: Tokyo court - Aug 31, 2012
- Apple sues Samsung over Galaxy phones, tablets - Apr 19, 2011
- At 7 Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab Stands Tall To Compete With Apple iPad - Sep 07, 2010
- Samsung's tablet looks to take on iPad - Nov 02, 2010
- Sony enters Indian tablet market - Dec 14, 2011
- HTC brings its tablet, HTC Flyer to India - Jun 27, 2011