Is Hulu available for sale?June 23rd, 2011 - 1:58 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, June 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) There is a strong rumor doing the rounds today that the online video service Hulu might be up for sale. There are unconfirmed reports that Yahoo has approached the video sharing website with a sale proposition.
Earlier Hulu was thinking about an IPO, but later that plan was dropped and now with suitors looking to buy out the site, there seems to be some buzz for the top brass. Sources suggest that the offer was substantial and the board was tempted by the figures to at least consider the offer seriously and give it a thought.
At the beginning of the current year, the Hulu CEO Jason Kilar had said that by 2011 end, the site was hoping to have 1 million paid subscribers. He had also added that the revenue figures for 2010 were $263 million and by 2011 end he projected a figure of $500 million.
With such impressive figures, there is no dearth of available suitors for the video sharing site. It is a hot favorite site as its wide range of subscription plans suit all kinds of users. The Hulu video library gets videos and shows from ABC, Fox and even NBC.
- GSM operators add 6.7 million new users in November - Dec 22, 2011
- US newspaper chain to charge for online access - Feb 24, 2012
- Facebook IPO boosts growth of Chinese sites - Feb 03, 2012
- Facebook set to raise $16 bn with largest tech IPO - May 18, 2012
- Coal India IPO subscribed 34 percent, employee quota may go abegging (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Coal India oversubscribed 1.57 times - Oct 19, 2010
- Facebook to announce new tie-ups: Report - Sep 21, 2011
- Hulu Plus Makes Debut, But Can It Compete With Netflix? - Jun 30, 2010
- India now has 858.4 million mobile phone subscribers - Sep 09, 2011
- Employees quota in Coal India IPO will remain unsubscribed - Oct 18, 2010
- Vodafone India posts 19.5 percent hike in service revenue - May 22, 2012
- Facebook's IPO will give birth to many millionaires - Dec 09, 2011
- Actual tele-density is 41 not 66 percent: Study - May 03, 2011
- India's 300 mn mobile phone 'ghosts' (Comment) - May 04, 2011
- Russian Sistema's India unit to appoint banks for IPO - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: 1 million, abc, buzz, ceo, dearth, doing the rounds, fox, impressive figures, ipo, jason kilar, nbc, subscribers, subscription plans, suitors, top brass, video library, video service, video sharing website, yahoo