iPhone 5 release date rumors aboundApril 21st, 2011 - 12:23 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, April 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The rumor mill has been on for some time now concerning the release of the next generation of Apple’s blockbuster smartphone, iPhone. The media and the tech world have given various possible release dates which have all turned out to be false.
Apple has over the years released the iPhone device on either June or July. However the company this year has not confirmed those months as a possible date for the release of the product. New reports on the Internet suggest that the iPhone 5 would be released by Apple this September. According to a report by Reuters, the new iPhone would have much faster processor than all the previous iPhones.
Reuters cited three sources familiar with the production of the phone. The source told the news organization that iPhone 5 would have similar features and size like the iPhone 4 but the difference in their processing speed will be much different. The report said the iPhone 5 might come out with the same processors found in iPad 2.
Apple has not made any comment concerning the release of the iPhone 5. Apple is currently struggling to meet the demand for iPad 2.
- Apple iPhone 5 connector to make accessories obsolete - Jul 23, 2012
- Apple iPhone 5 release eagerly awaited - Jan 12, 2011
- Apple quarterly results exceed expectations - Apr 25, 2012
- New iPad Mini to be released in October - Aug 27, 2012
- Apple's new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixels - Mar 09, 2012
- Rumor has it that iPhone 5 is going to have a 4-inch display - May 21, 2012
- Samsung has not infringed Apple's key patent: Tokyo court - Aug 31, 2012
- Apple To Launch Next Versions Of iPhone And iPad - Jan 19, 2011
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at 56 - Oct 06, 2011
- iPhone 5 might be released in October - Aug 23, 2011
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- Man shoots at iPad to test durability - Mar 20, 2012
- Verizon to market iPhone soon in the US - Oct 10, 2010
- iPhone 5 pre-orders top record 2 million in first 24 hours - Sep 18, 2012
- New iPad sales top 3 mn: Apple - Mar 20, 2012