iPhone 4s Pre-orders create new recordOctober 10th, 2011 - 7:14 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Oct 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Without doubt, Apple will always look at the days of Steve Jobs as a remarkable moment in the history of the company regardless of what happens to the company in the future. Just hours before Jobs died, Apple launched the iPhone 4s phone and gave the date for preorders to begin.
The response of the public has been phenomenal with presale orders venturing into unfamiliar territories. Several wireless mobile companies in the United States and around the world started receiving pre-orders for the product on Friday. The orders were accepted online and on the phone.
AT&T, one of the service providers, announced after 12 hours when the presale orders were announced that they have received 200,000 preorders. The carrier announced emphatically that iPhone 4s is ”the most successful iPhone launch we’ve ever had.”
Almost all the major carriers in the United States have reported similar response from the public.
Apple will undoubtedly be comfortable with the response of the public because what happens at the post-Jobs era will be critical to the future of the company. The company estimates that in the first quarter of the year, they will be able to sell at least 25 million iPhone 4s devices.
The funeral for Jobs was held on Friday.
- iPhone 5 sets a 2 mn pre-booking record (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- iPhone 5 sets a 2 million sales record - Sep 18, 2012
- Apple iPhone 4S pre-orders top 1 mn in 24 hours - Oct 11, 2011
- iPhone 5 pre-orders top record 2 million in first 24 hours - Sep 18, 2012
- Verizon sets iPhone 4 record - Feb 05, 2011
- iPhone 5 might be released in October - Aug 23, 2011
- Apple's iPhone 4S sales top four mn in three days - Oct 18, 2011
- iPhone 4S sales top 4 mn in first weekend: Apple - Oct 18, 2011
- China Telecom to sell iPhone 4S - Feb 21, 2012
- Apple working on less expensive iPhones - Feb 14, 2011
- iPhone 4S hits Indian stores, starts at Rs.44,500 (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- iPhone 4s to go on sale in China next week - Jan 06, 2012
- Apple unveils slimmer, lighter iPhone 5 - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple doubles profit on solid iPhone sales - Apr 25, 2012
- Apple's new iPhone sells out before launch - Jun 16, 2009