iPhone 4 Recall Not Likely, Say ExpertsJuly 15th, 2010 - 7:41 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
July 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Cupertino based technology company Apple Inc is going to arrange a press conference tomorrow. The conference is aimed at dealing with the recent problems faced by the iPhone 4 buyers. The phone that was launched a few weeks back amidst mass hoopla and heavy publicity is already having teething troubles. The company may or may not recall the device. The tech sites are divided in their opinion regarding the possibility of a recall. The spokespersons of the company have remained mum over the issue.
As a matter of fact the antenna design of the device has landed the company in trouble. The users are angry because they feel the device fares poorly compared with its predecessor as far as signal reception performance is concerned. The company called the design of the antenna cutting edge prior to the launch and now the antenna has landed it in problem. When the users hold the phone in a certain angle the signal reception falls drastically. Apple may issue a software patch to fix the problem as it has done many times before with its products. The smear procedure had been adopted by the company for fixing flaws in iPod music players as well.
The recent review of the phone by well known tech magazine Consumer Reports has left Apple red faced. It wants to resolve the issue fast. A recall would be quite embarrassing for Apple. The antenna issue has not deterred the diehard Apple fans from, buying the device. Ever since it was released the phone is selling in record numbers in the USA and other countries.
- Apple Starts Offering Free Cases For iPhone 4 - Jul 24, 2010
- Apple iPhone 4 Faces New Attack From RIM And Nokia - Jul 17, 2010
- Mark Papermaster Becomes Latest Victim Of iPhone 4 - Aug 08, 2010
- Apple Confirms iPad Wi-Fi Issues And Offers Solutions - Apr 07, 2010
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple offers apology for problems with iPhone 4 - Jul 05, 2010
- Apple's Impending Press Conference Fuels Rumors Of iPhone Recall - Jul 15, 2010
- Steve Jobs Tries To Defend iPhone 4 At Apple Press Conference - Jul 17, 2010
- iPhone Alarm Glitch Makes Users Irate - Jan 04, 2011
- Apple offers protective cases to disgruntled iPhone buyers - Jul 17, 2010
- Daylight Saving Time 2010 Hits iPhone Users! - Nov 07, 2010
- Did Apple exec Mark Papermaster leave the company because of 'antennagate'? - Aug 08, 2010
- New iPod Nano Gets TouchScreen, Ditches Video Camera - Sep 02, 2010
- Consumer Reports Slams the "Flawed" iPhone4 - Jul 14, 2010
- Apple Rumors Circulating In The Web Before Mega Event - Sep 01, 2010
Tags: antenna design, apple fans, apple red, conference tomorrow, consumer reports, cupertino, cutting edge, hoopla, iphone, iphone 4, launch, matter of fact, music players, predecessor, publicity, record numbers, signal reception, software patch, spokespersons, technology company