iPad To Dominate Market For Next Two Years Experts SayAugust 29th, 2010 - 7:17 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Aug 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) In spite of the latest reports that the rivals of Apple iPad may dethrone it in the market the industry buzz is that it will remain at number one spot till the next few years. This year iPad sales dominate nearly 75 percent of internet tablet shipments worldwide. It is true that rivals like Dell, Samsung and HP are coming up with their tablet alternatives but in the next few years iPad will continue to rule, the industry veterans say. At max, the market share of the iPad will diminish. The iPad is very new and less than 6 months old but it has created a segment in the market.
The rivals of Apple typically take a lot of time to come up with a worthy contender to the device made by the Cupertino based giant. It was the same thing with iPhone. The iPad may face competition from Google and Motorola as well but both the companies are yet to come up with their devices. The rival devices will need more than just two or three extra features to match up to iPad. The seamless integration of hardware, OS, apps and software makes the iPad stand out among the rivals in the market.
Among the contenders HP and Lenovo can come up with devices that challenge the dominance of iPad in near future. Both these companies have expertise in making PC and tablet computers. The Apple app store with its numerous applications is the strongest point of the iPad and this is what may thwart the attempts of the rivals for some time.
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- Apple's new iPad today to kick off tablet war - Mar 02, 2011
- HP Slate 500: Can It Challenge The iPad? - Oct 22, 2010
- Microsoft And HP Joining Hands To Combat iPad - Jul 23, 2010
- Amazon launches 'Kindle Fire' for $199 - Sep 28, 2011
- Can Samsung Galaxy Tab Dethrone iPad? - Aug 29, 2010
- Tomorrow's Tablets Shown At CES 2011 - Jan 08, 2011
- Tablets set to sweep corporate offices - Feb 25, 2011
- Apple's app store crosses 15 billion downloads - Jul 08, 2011
- World's leading electronics fair opens in Berlin - Sep 04, 2011
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Going On Sale On Best Buy - Oct 26, 2010
- Apple gets setback in patent war - Dec 10, 2011
- Started with borrowed money, Apple becomes world's No. 1 company - Aug 11, 2011
- Apple lawyer claims that Samsung copied iPhone technology - Aug 01, 2012
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: apple ipad, apps, attempts, contenders, cupertino, dell, dominance, giant, google, industry buzz, industry veterans, iphone, market share, motorola, rivals, seamless integration, segment, spite, tablet computers, worthy contender