Ice cream sandwich powered Galaxy Nexus makes its debutOctober 19th, 2011 - 10:46 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Oct 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Google is fighting to improve its dominance of the mobile operating system market. The company has introduced its latest OS called Ice Cream Sandwich. Google says the product comes with several additions to the previous Android operating system.
The OS was unveiled when Samsung released its hit smartphone The Galaxy Nexus. The phone was unveiled this week at a an event which was held in Hong Kong. Samsung is a major vendor for Android and the unveiling of the Galaxy Nexus with the Ice Cream Sandwich OS underscores that fact.
Ice Cream Sandwich will be the first Android which will be compatible with any mobile device. This will give Android the added advantage in its completion with Apple and Microsoft.
The only negative that the Android has encountered has to do with its updates. Google has been criticized in the past for providing timely updates for its mobile products but the company defends that the Ice Cream Sandwich will be an exception.
The head of Google’s mobility Andy Rubin assured that, “Ice Cream Sandwich demonstrates the Android platform’s continued innovation with one release that works on phones and tablets and everything in between.”
- Samsung unveils new Galaxy smartphone - May 04, 2012
- Microsoft reaches patent deal with LG - Jan 13, 2012
- Samsung targets 60 percent of Indian smartphone market share - May 31, 2012
- Google selling smartphones again - Apr 25, 2012
- Facebook is partnering with HTC for a Smartphone - Nov 22, 2011
- Apple sues Samsung over Galaxy phones, tablets - Apr 19, 2011
- Apple gets setback in patent war - Dec 10, 2011
- Apple mulls settling patent fights with Samsung - Mar 30, 2012
- Android, iOS power 85 percent of smartphones shipped - Aug 09, 2012
- China's smartphone firms warned of patent disputes - Apr 15, 2012
- Microsoft Slate With Windows Will Be Available By Christmas - Oct 06, 2010
- Samsung launches smart TV for Indian market - Mar 18, 2012
- iberry to launch low cost 3G tablet in July - Jun 27, 2012
- Samsung to launch cheaper smartphones for India - Mar 18, 2012
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: added advantage, additions, android, apple, debut, dominance, galaxy, google, hong kong, innovation, microsoft, mobile device, mobile products, nexus, operating system, samsung, sandwich, timely updates, unveiling