HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival TabletsFebruary 10th, 2011 - 9:17 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Feb 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Those who had thought that HP is out of the tablet race are wrong. The Computer giant has taken the veils off its upcoming touch screen web access device named TouchPad in its bid to take on with rivals like Apple iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab. HP’s earlier offering Slate was basically a windows PC toned down in tablet form which did not click well with the users. The new HP Touch Pad runs on palm’s webOS which HP got after the acquisition of Palm last year. The device has a 9.7 inch screen and features a new dual core Qualcomm CPU inside. It also supports Adobe Flash and has inbuilt video call feature.
HP has given the indication that its price will be kept competitive. At first HP will launch a WiFi based model and later a 3G capable model will also be rolled out. HP also showed two webOS based smart phones. WebOS is being viewed as a capable platform by technology industry veterans but HP will have to work hard to sell it well in the mobile computing market where Android is doing roaring business. It is late to arrive in a fiercely competitive market which is being dominated by Google and Apple. HP is the leader in the PC market but in Tablet it is just a late entrant.
The HP TouchPad comes when RIM is gearing up to release its much awaited PlayBook. Other contenders like Acer and Motorola are also waiting to launch their tablets this year. However, beating the iPad still remains a distant dream for any company.
- Amazon launches 'Kindle Fire' for $199 - Sep 28, 2011
- HP Betting Big On webOS Based Devices - Feb 10, 2011
- HP to exit PC business - Aug 19, 2011
- HP Slate 500: Can It Challenge The iPad? - Oct 22, 2010
- 2011 to be the year of the tablet - Nov 22, 2010
- Blackberry Playbook Unveiled With Better Spec Than iPad - Sep 28, 2010
- BlackBerry tablet will be a winner: Market analysts - Jan 11, 2011
- Apple blamed for delayed launch of BlackBerry tablet - Apr 08, 2011
- BlackBerry tablet may hit market April 10 - Mar 03, 2011
- Acer unveils dual-screen laptop - Nov 25, 2010
- RIM launches upgraded PlayBook operating system in India - Feb 24, 2012
- iPad To Dominate Market For Next Two Years Experts Say - Aug 29, 2010
- After Apple, Dell and Samsung pose challenges to BlackBerry - Nov 12, 2010
- BlackBerry unveils PlayBook tablet to take on iPad - Sep 28, 2010
- Blackberry's Playbook to challenge Apple's iPad - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: apple ipad, capable platform, competitive market, computer giant, contenders, distant dream, dual core, google, industry veterans, mobile computing market, qualcomm, rivals, screen web, smart phones, technology industry, touch pad, veils, video call, webos, windows pc