HP Touchpad on sale for just $99 and its already out of stock in many shopsAugust 22nd, 2011 - 10:27 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Aug 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) HP has dramatically slashed the price of its Touchpad tablet to just $99. The slash was announced on Monday and the company said the 16 GB version of the device will be offered for $99 while the 32 GB version will go for $149. The original prices of the devices were $399 and $499 for the 16 GB and 32 GB versions respectively.
HP released the device last month but the reception was nothing to encourage the company. HP has also decided to stop producing tablets so the company officials were in a fix about the remaining stock that was gathering dust in their numerous affiliated retail stores.
In order to get rid of the stock, the company reduced the price of the device by $100 last week. When that also failed to send the customers rushing into the shops to grab the devices, the company announced the drastic slash on Monday.
The announcement has received the required response from tech lovers. In just hours of the announcement, several shops throughout the world announced that they have run out of stock.
In Australia retail shop Harvey Norman said most of its outlets run out of stock within just hours after the device went on sale. The store said that 6000 units of the devices were sold in the first hour of opening on Monday.
HP’s Touchpad is struggling against Apple’s blockbuster tablet iPad.
- Amazon launches 'Kindle Fire' for $199 - Sep 28, 2011
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- Apple blamed for delayed launch of BlackBerry tablet - Apr 08, 2011
- BlackBerry stock slips as tablet gets lukewarm response - Apr 20, 2011
- HP unveils tablet - Nov 04, 2011
- iPad is a hot favorite of the Black Friday 2010 deals - Nov 22, 2010
- Amazon introduces new Kindle e-reader, HD tablet - Sep 07, 2012
- Black Friday Apple Deals Sound Interesting - Nov 25, 2010
- Apple's new iPad launched in India - Apr 27, 2012
- Apple iPad 2 hits Indian market - Apr 29, 2011
- New iPad to go on sale Friday: Apple - Mar 15, 2012
- New iPad sales top 3 mn: Apple - Mar 20, 2012
- BlackBerry tablet called 'half baked' product - Apr 15, 2011
- Japanese firm comes up with cheaper alternative to Apple's iPad - Jun 02, 2010
- Apple unveils long-awaited tablet device - Jan 28, 2010