HP Betting Big On webOS Based DevicesFebruary 10th, 2011 - 8:56 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Feb 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Months after HP had acquired Palm Inc it said that the much acclaimed webOS is not going to be buried and it will come up with devices that use the OS. HP has kept the promise as is evident from its new line up of products. It has taken the veil off TouchPad a feature rich tablet that is targeted at rival Apple’s iPad. Apart from that the company has launched the Pre 3 a mobile phone that also runs webOS named Pre 3. The previous Pre phones were released under the banner of Palm. Another model named Veer has also been released. The Veer is meant for the first time smart phone users exclusively but the Pre 3 is for the gadget freaks. The Pre 3 is loaded with multimedia and business powers and the requited juice to multi task without any lag.
The upgrades from the predecessors are apparent in HP Pre 3. It has a solid build quality and does not feel plasticky in hand. The keyboard hinge is also robust. The keypad is bigger and easy to use even for the users with large thumbs. For the business users Pre 3 comes with data encryption, Exchange support as well as VPN. It has got a front camera for making video calls. HP said later a skype app will be added to the phone.
The Pre 3 comes with a 5 MP camera for imaging. The screen resolution is 480-by-800 pixels. The camera also supports HD video recording. As it supports HSPA+ chances are there either AT7T or T-Mobile will launch it in USA. It is powered by a beefy Qualcomm 1.4 GHz processor.
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- My Touch 4G From T-Mobile Lands Today - Nov 05, 2010
- BlackBerry tablet may hit market April 10 - Mar 03, 2011
- Amazon launches 'Kindle Fire' for $199 - Sep 28, 2011
- HP to exit PC business - Aug 19, 2011
- Droid Bionic From Motorola Shown At CES 2011 - Jan 06, 2011
- Asus-Garmin Phone Released On T-Mobile - Jun 10, 2010
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- HP Slate 500: Can It Challenge The iPad? - Oct 22, 2010
- T-Mobile Woos Buyers With Special Valentine's Day Offer - Feb 08, 2011
- Blackberry Torch review - Sep 22, 2010
- HP Is Palm's Silicon Valley Rescuer In A Whopping $1.4 billion pact - Apr 29, 2010
- Verizon Wireless To Launch Samsung Fascinate Smartphone - Jun 29, 2010
- BlackBerry Torch 9800 Creates Sensation In The Industry - Aug 04, 2010
- HP Acquires Palm Inc, Eyes Smartphone Market - Apr 29, 2010
Tags: at7t, business users, data encryption, exchange support, gadget freaks, hd, hinge, hp, keyboard, mobile phone, mp, palm inc, predecessors, qualcomm, skype, smart phone users, t mobile, veil, video recording, webos