Halo Reach Grosses $200 Million In 24 HoursSeptember 17th, 2010 - 7:50 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Sep 17, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Microsoft the Redmond based software giant is now on cloud 9. It has released the fist public beta of the much awaited Internet Explorer 9 browser and the response to the latest version of its popular game Halo has also pleased it very much. Halo is one of the most popular and successful game franchisees of recent times. Ever since its launch a few years back the game sold in huge numbers all over the world and to an extent contributed to the popularity of its flagship gaming console Xbox 360. Halo 3 which was the earlier release of the game sold over 8 million copies and it looks like the sales figure of Halo Reach, the latest incarnation will surpass its predecessor soon.
What may come as a surprise to the users is the fact that the game has fetched the company a whopping $200 million within the first day of its launch. This is no mean achievement for a console game. This has made it possibly the biggest game ever released by the company so far. The regular price for the game has been set at $60 though special editions are now available for $80 and $250.
The launch event of Halo Reach was associated with mass euphoria and he long queues of buyers outside the stores gave the indication that it would be a big hit. Best Buy which is one of the big retailers have admitted that the demand for Halo Reach among the customers has proved to be phenomenal. Even the other retailers have agreed on this point. It may set new records for console games in the coming days.
- Halo Reach Release Creates Mass Euphoria Among Gamers - Sep 14, 2010
- 'Halo: Reach' manages to gross $200 million on the launching day - Sep 17, 2010
- Halo: Reach Launch Brings Cheers For Microsoft - Sep 14, 2010
- Video game rakes in 128 mn pounds in one day - Sep 17, 2010
- Halo: Reach Beta Start Up Time Confusing All Gamers - May 03, 2010
- Cyber Monday Unveils Bonanza For Gaming Addicts - Nov 30, 2010
- Microsoft to bring cable TV content to Xbox game console - Oct 06, 2011
- Halo 3 ODST: An Interesting Diversion - Sep 22, 2009
- "Halo Reach" Trailer Offers Hints About The Game - Dec 13, 2009
- Resurgence Map Pack Arrives For The Call Of Duty Fanatics - Jun 03, 2010
- Call Of Duty Black Ops Creates Sensation On Release - Nov 10, 2010
- Xbox 360 Users Now Get Internet TV Service - Oct 14, 2010
- Xbox 360 Kinect Among The Hottest Toys - Nov 07, 2010
- Now a game on 'Madagascar 3' - May 29, 2012
- Medal Of Honor Beta Releasing On June 21 - Jun 15, 2010
Tags: based software, best buy, cloud 9, euphoria, extent, fist, franchisees, game halo, halo 3, incarnation, internet explorer, launch event, predecessor, public beta, queues, software giant, special editions, xbox, xbox 360, xbox 360 halo 3