Groupon wants to help Barnes & NobleFebruary 5th, 2011 - 12:15 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Feb 4 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Groupon is on a mission to save Barnes & Nobles. Groupon is offering Barnes & Nobles’s gift cards for half their value.
The plan is to get as many people rushing into the stores and on the website of Barnes & Nobles as possible. The promotion is set to end on the 7th day of February. That is three days from now. The plan seems to be showing some little progress because already about 40,000 of the gift cards have been grabbed.
Gaps and Amazon.com have all been through this period before. Borders though couldn’t survive it when it found itself in a similar position. The company failed to draw up the necessary traffic and customers to survive. It eventually filed for a Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
That is not what Barnes & Nobles are hoping for. With $20 gift cards being offered for $10, the company hopes that maybe people will be enticed to bring in the much needed revenue to get the company back on its feet again.
Just recently, Living Social offered and did a similar deal for Amazon.com and it was a huge success yielding the required results.
- Amazon cuts price of Kindle e-book reader - Jun 22, 2010
- LivingSocial announces its deal with Whole Foods - Sep 14, 2011
- Amazon sells over 4 mn Kindle devices in December - Dec 30, 2011
- Groupon IPO raises $700 million - Nov 04, 2011
- Microsoft's announcement, nothing to do with Barnes & Noble - Jun 19, 2012
- E-books outsell hardbacks on Amazon - Jul 21, 2010
- Is Google going to takeover Groupon? - Nov 22, 2010
- If you don't like a gift, just swap it online - Nov 11, 2010
- Have A Look At 'Nook' At Barnes And Noble Boutiques - Jul 31, 2010
- Amazon.com Launches Movie Studio - Nov 18, 2010
- Amazon sells over one mn Kindles per week - Dec 16, 2011
- Google plans to sell e-book from next month - May 06, 2010
- Harry Potter eBooks come to Amazon Kindle library - May 11, 2012
- Groupon In Takeover Talks With Google - Nov 22, 2010
- US sues Apple over e-book price fixing scheme - Apr 12, 2012