Google Sued By Woman For Providing Wrong Road DirectionJune 1st, 2010 - 6:29 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Park County, June 1, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Walking down a busy rural highway, Lauren Rosenberg was hit by a speeding car, but that was not the fault of the lady but that of the Google Maps that instructed her to walk on the highway that does not have a pedestrian walkway. Reports claim that the California woman Lauren Rosenberg is now suing Google for providing her with wrong direction. She would be reportedly claiming $100,000 for the damages that she had to suffer. Lauren Rosenberg is not only suing Google but also the driver of the car, Patrick Harwood who struck her at the highway.
According to reports, Lauren Rosenberg got the instruction to walk from one Park City address to another Park City destination on her Blackberry Cell phone from the Google Map. The woman alleges that the instruction did not mention that the Deer Valley highway does not have sidewalks. She says that she followed the instructions given by the trusted Google Map service and was left to be struck by a car. Though the Google Maps in the internet provides instructions and warnings about missing sideways on many roads, the mobile service of the Google Maps does not reportedly come with the instructions.
In the complaint that has been filed at the Park County district court, it has been reportedly mentioned that it is due to the “careless, reckless and negligent providing of unsafe directions” by Google that has led the Plaintiff on to the direction of the dangerous highway. According to the petition the plaintiff had to suffer severe permanent physical, emotional and mental injuries due to the accident.
- Woman sues Google for wrong directions - Jun 01, 2010
- Woman sues Google for 'misleading' her on Google Maps! - Jun 01, 2010
- Woman Sues Google Over Wrong Directions - Jun 01, 2010
- Woman hurls grandkid to death at mall - Dec 01, 2010
- Model injured by plane propeller starts to walk again - Dec 09, 2011
- California man tries to run over girlfriend after she turns down marriage proposal - Nov 12, 2010
- Google launches unified digital content store - Mar 07, 2012
- Two Toddlers Drown In River, Mother Shaquan Duley Arrested - Aug 17, 2010
- Dalai Lama's nephew dies in US traffic accident - Feb 15, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's Lawsuit Against E-Trade Moved To The City Of Their Headquarters - Jul 09, 2010
- Gloria Trevi's bodyguards accused of assault - May 24, 2012
- Demi Moore nearly stumbles at Sundance - Jan 27, 2011
- Lauryn Hill sued by fashion consultant - Sep 27, 2011
- Woman gets DUI for drinking vanilla extract - Jul 07, 2010
- Michael Bay sued for Pistol whipping - Aug 26, 2010
Tags: blackberry, california woman, city address, dangerous highway, deer valley, google, google map, google maps, harwood, kar, many roads, meena, mobile service, pedestrian walkway, plaintiff, road direction, rosenberg, sidewalks, speeding car, wrong direction