Google Modifies Brand Name To TopekaApril 1st, 2010 - 7:09 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Apr 1, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Today is April Fools’ Day and Google Inc., which has always planned something interesting for every occasion has surprised people today. According to the reports of the sources, Google Inc., which has a dominating influence on the online world, has decided to make some modification in its brand name. The officials of the company stated that they have decided to rename Google to Topeka.
As per the prank blogpost, Eric Schmidt, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Topeka Inc. said that they have been immensely influenced by the Kansas city, Topeka and so they have decided to rename themselves. Though Google has changed its name to Topeka, officials stated that the company still has a substantial amount of equity with their old name. Therefore, the decision to rename the brand was not quite easy for them.
The decision of Google to rename the brand as Topeka has received huge attention from people and many of them are considering it to be one of the best pranks played by Google Inc. on the April Fools’ Day. As per the reports, on April 1, 2004, Google Inc. had launched the Gmail or the Google mail service for internet users. Google mail, which was initially available as ‘invitation-only’ was later made available to everyone and now people do not require any invitation to start a Gmail account.
Decision to launch Google mail had received immense attention from people and it is expected that users would also accept the change in brand name of Google. Yet, reports indicate that many people have found the renaming of Google to Topeka as quite hilarious and they believe it to be one of the best jokes of Google.
- Why Did Google Change To Topeka? Just Fooling Us All.. - Apr 02, 2010
- Facebook statuses make April Fools out of many - Apr 01, 2010
- Google now restricts Facebook access to Gmail contacts - Nov 06, 2010
- Chuck Norris Death Rumors Still Circulating - Apr 02, 2010
- Gmail outage affects tens of millions of users worldwide - Apr 18, 2012
- Chinese Google readers being redirected to google.com.hk - Mar 23, 2010
- Google launches priority inbox, unveils spam killer - Sep 01, 2010
- US city 'renamed Google' to attract search giant's new broadband trial - Mar 11, 2010
- Google launches 'cloud' service - Apr 25, 2012
- Google buys email management software provider - Jul 21, 2012
- Google announces management changes - Jan 21, 2011
- Google tests glasses that provide real-time information - Apr 05, 2012
- Google to ditch support for older Internet browsers - Jun 07, 2011
- Google to include personal email in web search results - Aug 09, 2012
- Gmail allows phone calls from computers - Aug 26, 2010
Tags: april 1 2004, april fools day, best jokes, brand name, chief executive officer, company stated that, eric schmidt, gmail account, google, google inc, internet users, invitation, kansas city, kar, mail service, news today, pranks