Google introduces new programming language ‘Go’November 11th, 2009 - 9:26 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Mountain View, Nov 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In a major boost in the arm for programmers and developers, Google has just announced the release of a new, open sourced programming language, which is called Go. Google says that Go programming language is right now experimental, and it combines the performance oriented and security benefits of a compiled language like C++ with the speed of a dynamic language like Python.
According to the official Google announcement, Go is very fast, as in their experiments with Go, typical builds feel instantaneous; even huge imposing binaries compile in just some seconds. And the compiled code runs quite parallel to the speed of C. Go is aiming to be a fast language. And they hoped that it will be a great tool for systems programming with support for multi-processing and a fresh and lightweight take on object-oriented design, with some cool features like true closures and reflection.
Google said that it came out with this language because computer’s speed is increasing by leaps and bounds but at the same rate the speed of software development is not progressing. Hence they felt the need for a faster language, which they hoped would be Go.
- Scientists develop tool to step up software security - Jul 23, 2012
- Oracle sues Google for patent and copyright infringement with its Android operating system - Aug 14, 2010
- Programming Language 'Google Go' Expected To Benefit Developers - Nov 11, 2009
- Google's Chrome browser focuses on speed, not extras - Dec 21, 2009
- IE 9 Public Beta Ready For Release, But Can It Beat Google Chrome? - Aug 22, 2010
- U.S. orders Google to fulfill requirements before acquisition of ITA Software - Apr 09, 2011
- Google unveils instant translation application on mobiles - Jan 14, 2011
- Google announces own operating system to take on Microsoft - Jul 08, 2009
- Google Chrome Turns 2 Years Old, Gets A New Version - Sep 04, 2010
- 'Digital format not threatening printed Urdu books' - Feb 26, 2012
- Astronomers spot merging star systems that might explode - Nov 17, 2010
- Google can now translate five Indian languages - Jun 22, 2011
- Firefox 3.6 to be released tomorrow - why bother? - Jan 21, 2010
- Scientists using ordinary light to trace merging supermassive black holes - Nov 10, 2010
Tags: developers, dynamic language, google, languages, leaps and bounds, mountain view, new programming language, object oriented design, programmers, protest, python, reflection, security benefits, software development, systems programming