Google downs the shutters of their online store for their ‘Nexus One’May 16th, 2010 - 9:21 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Mountain View, May 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Google is all set to shutdown its online store for its Nexus One smart phone because of extremely low patronage. The moves comes just months after the Internet search giant launched the Nexus One, and decided to put it up for sale directly on the Internet for customers to buy.
But the company says maybe customers want to experience the look and feel of the phone physically. Google has seen the sale of the Nexus One increase, but the corresponding sales from its online store has been very disappointing, to say the least.
The company says that it will use the Internet store to showcase a variety of phones that use the Android, which is Google’s smart phone operating system. But once the Nexus One is more readily available in the stores, it will eventually close the website.
However getting the smart phone to the retailer shops, is not going to be that easy for the top Internet advertising company. Verizon says it has no plans of selling the Nexus One, while Sprint has backtracked on its plans to offer the Nexus One in favor of other Android based phones. The company though says they are in negotiations with other stores, but would not comment on the discussions with their partners.
- Google selling smartphones again - Apr 25, 2012
- Verizon Gears Up To Sell Google Nexus One - Jan 06, 2010
- Nexus One is Google's answer to Apple's iPhone - Jan 06, 2010
- Google's Android outsells iPhone, threatens BlackBerry - May 11, 2010
- Google Shutters Online Store, Plans To Sell Nexus One Through Retailers - May 16, 2010
- Ice cream sandwich powered Galaxy Nexus makes its debut - Oct 19, 2011
- Google Chrome Tablet To Hit Market Later This Year - Aug 22, 2010
- Google hangs up on Nexus One store - May 15, 2010
- Google Nexus One retails for $529 & with T-mobile it is $179 - Jan 06, 2010
- Verizon confirms that there is a screen problem with Motorola Droid X, announces a fix for it - Jul 22, 2010
- Verizon iPhone Launch No Longer A Rumor? - Jan 08, 2011
- Verizon, AT&T; crucial to BlackBerry tablet sales - Apr 22, 2011
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to go on sale from 1st of March - Feb 29, 2012
- HTC Evo Shift Unveiled By Sprint Nextel, Possibly Coming At CES 2011 - Jan 05, 2011
- Google Discontinuing Nexus One In The USA - Jul 20, 2010
Tags: android, giant, google, internet advertising company, internet search, internet store, mountain view, negotiations, nexus, operating system, patronage, showcase, shutters, smart phone, sprint, top internet, verizon