Google Doodle Celebrates Jules Verne’s 183rd BirthdayFebruary 8th, 2011 - 8:39 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Feb 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Internet search giant Google is known for changing its well known logo which is displayed on its homepage from time to time. The changed logo is called Google Doodle. Generally Google comes up with its innovative doodle on certain occasions like birthdays of noted personalities and special events remembered by the world etc. Today the Doodle has been incorporated to pay respect to noted science fiction author Jules Verne on his 183rd birthday. The new logo shows the word Google viewed through the portholes in a submarine. Those who use iPhone to access web can tilt their gadget to see the water level shifting in various directions.
For the desktop computer users there is a joystick which can be moved with the mouse button for altering the view of the ocean. Clicking on the logo itself takes the viewers to a page full with links to the works of the noted author and online resources on him. This one is an animated doodle as was the case with the famous pac man doodle. The users can see the view of the sea changing by managing the joystick in 4 directions. Through the letters of the word Google represented by submarine holes the viewers can see various forms of marine life.
The new doodle bears a reference to the famous work of the author ‘Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea’. Most of the works of Jules Verne were made into films later and the books sold in millions of copies all over the world. The author thought ahead of his time and wrote about gadgets that came to see the light of the day after centuries.
- Robert Louis Stevenson Remembered By Google Doodle - Nov 13, 2010
- Turkey Recipe Featured In Latest Google Doodle - Nov 24, 2010
- Google's New Doodle Consists Of 17 Images - Dec 24, 2010
- Google Creates Buzz With Balls In Logo - Sep 07, 2010
- Google Makes BuckyBalls Its Logo! - Sep 04, 2010
- Pac Man Magic Back On Google Homepage! - May 23, 2010
- Google Celebrates 30th Anniversary Of Pac Man - May 22, 2010
- Google Logo Turns Out To Be Resource Hog! - Sep 08, 2010
- Users Baffled By Google's Ballsy Doodle - Sep 07, 2010
- Google Background Fails To Excite Users - Jun 11, 2010
- Doodle 4 Google Won By Makenzie Melton - May 27, 2010
- Google launches 'Instant' service - Sep 09, 2010
- Google Doodle: The Unexplained Phenomenon - Sep 06, 2009
- Wizard Of Oz On Google Doodle - Aug 12, 2010
- For Google doodle creator Valentine Day doodles 'most fun' - May 03, 2010
Tags: access web, author jules verne, desktop computer users, doodle, gadget, google, internet search, iphone, joystick, jules verne, leagues under the sea, mouse button, news internet, online resources, pac man, portholes, ranjan, science fiction author, view of the sea, water level