Google Chrome Notebook CR-48 Creates SensationDecember 24th, 2010 - 8:52 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Dec 24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The date for the commercial launch of the much talked about Google notebook is coming near and it has also been announced that the first lot of notebooks running Google’s Chrome OS will be made and shipped by Samsung and Acer. The first prototype has already been unveiled by Google though it is not going to be sold to end users. The notebook code named CR-48 has made sensation in the tech circle and reactions are still pouring in. The black matte finish CR 48 has a 12.1 inch screen which makes it an ultra portable laptop though it is not the most light weight one. It does not come with a lot of accessories. Within the carton there are the AC adapter, a removable battery and power lead.
The build quality of the CR48 is robust and the screen has a resolution of 1280×800. The display is not the brightest owing to the matte finish but it is easier on the eyes when one prefers to work outdoors. The webcam fitted in the model is quite average and produces dark images in remotely lit places. The buttons are easy to work with and the surprise inclusion is the search key which replaces Caps Lock.
The CR-48 comes with the Chrome OS which frankly speaking looks like an extension of the popular Chrome browser. The notebook is made on the cloud computing concept which makes storing most of the content online. The performance is average owing to the humble Atom N450 processor. Web pages load quickly but the same cannot be said of the Flash heavy sites.
- Samsung Fascinate is going to be great - Sep 22, 2010
- Acer rolls out new laptops - Sep 29, 2010
- Google Chrome Tablet To Hit Market Later This Year - Aug 22, 2010
- Google launches 'cloud' service - Apr 25, 2012
- Microsoft reaches patent deal with LG - Jan 13, 2012
- Acer unveils dual-screen laptop - Nov 25, 2010
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- Google Ready To Launch Chrome OS - Jul 08, 2009
- Google announces cloud-computing service - Jun 29, 2012
- Hulu Now Available In New Sony LED TVs - Oct 14, 2010
- Google Chrome is giving Firefox a tough compition. - Sep 23, 2010
- Ice cream sandwich powered Galaxy Nexus makes its debut - Oct 19, 2011
- IE 9 Public Beta Ready For Release, But Can It Beat Google Chrome? - Aug 22, 2010
- Samsung launches premium notebook for Rs.1,02,990 in India - Aug 31, 2012
- Samsung Transform To Get Froyo Update Later - Oct 07, 2010