Google announces release of its Chrome Frame plug-inSeptember 23rd, 2009 - 4:06 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
California, Sep 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Google announced today that they are releasing an early version of Google Chrome Frame, an open source plug-in that gels together HTML5 and other open web technologies for the most common browser Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Frame helps web developers to deliver faster, richer applications like Google Wave. One challenge developers always have to bear is in using these new technologies, like HTML5 is that, they are not yet supported by Internet Explorer. And developers cannot at all afford to give the cold shoulder to IE, as majority of the people use some version of IE as their browser.
To start using Google Chrome Frame, all developers need to do is to add a single tag:
<meta equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”chrome=1″>
When this tag is seen by Google Chrome Frame then it starts using Google Chrome’s speedy WebKit-based rendering engine.
Google says that, ‘We believe that Google Chrome Frame makes life easier for web developers as well as users. While this is still an early version intended for developers, our team invites you to try out this for your site.’
- Google Chrome Turns 2 Years Old, Gets A New Version - Sep 04, 2010
- Google 3D medical browser maps human body - Dec 17, 2010
- Google's new browser can map human body in 3D - Dec 17, 2010
- Google's Chrome browser focuses on speed, not extras - Dec 21, 2009
- IE 9 Public Beta Ready For Release, But Can It Beat Google Chrome? - Aug 22, 2010
- Now, visually explore space, time using Google's time machine! - Apr 25, 2011
- Now, visually explore space, time using a time machine! - Apr 22, 2011
- Google Chrome is giving Firefox a tough compition. - Sep 23, 2010
- Google to ditch support for older Internet browsers - Jun 07, 2011
- Rise of Google Chrome threatens Internet Explorer, Mozilla - Oct 10, 2010
- Microsoft announces automatic upgrades for Internet Explorer - Dec 16, 2011
- Scientists develop tool to step up software security - Jul 23, 2012
- Google Chrome top browser for first time - Mar 22, 2012
- Google Chrome 6 Vs Firefox 4 Beta: Grand Showdown! - Aug 22, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,