Gmail Down: Causes Mass Disruption Among The UsersSeptember 2nd, 2009 - 6:23 pm ICT by GD
Many of Google’s Gmail users faced problem on Tuesday afternoon, when the aforementioned operation reportedly went down “for a majority of users”.
The worldwide popular email program was reported to be “offline” for more than half an hour, thus labeling it as yet another “downtime period”. The outage lasted for a couple of hours, according to the Associated Press.
The massive disruption witnessed the users getting a message that said “unable to reach Gmail”. The error message reportedly resurfaced every time the users tried to log in to their Google mail accounts.
Google posted on their web site that the problem regarding Gmail had surfaced on Monday, removing e-mails from a small sub-set of users. On Tuesday afternoon, the company said that an outage affecting “a majority of users” had hit Gmail. Google didn’t confirm that whether both the technical difficulties were related to each other or not, but the company confirmed that the ongoing problem has been sorted out.
Although occasional outages are somewhat common, these widespread outages involving Google’s mainstream services are rare. Google now faces a threat from these subtle yet frivolous outages and the company tries to venture its services more into the business industry. The company actually guarantees that the services would be available for 99.9 percent of the time in order to pay its customers for Google Apps. The failure of the services means that Google loses out on the profit, which are credited as the free service days based on the given period of the outage.
- Gmail outage affects tens of millions of users worldwide - Apr 18, 2012
- Gmail outage affects users worldwide - Apr 18, 2012
- Gmail suffers total service outage - Sep 02, 2009
- Google buys email management software provider - Jul 21, 2012
- Google's email service faces glitch - Feb 28, 2011
- Google launches priority inbox, unveils spam killer - Sep 01, 2010
- Google accidentally wipes accounts of 150,000 Gmail users - Mar 01, 2011
- Gmail down - Causes panic in twitterverse - Sep 02, 2009
- Netflix Service Restored After Temporary Outage - Oct 22, 2010
- Microsoft unveils new email service - Aug 01, 2012
- Google to restore all Gmail accounts post bug - Mar 01, 2011
- Another RIM Outage Hits Users - Dec 23, 2009
- Google to include personal email in web search results - Aug 09, 2012
- Now, Google tracking our each online move? - Mar 29, 2012
- Google accuses China of interfering with Gmail systems - Mar 21, 2011
Tags: business industry, downtime, email, error message, failure, gmail, google, google apps, half an hour, mail accounts, mainstream services, mass disruption, massive disruption, technical difficulties, tuesday afternoon