Furor over Facebook’s dislike buttonOctober 3rd, 2011 - 7:29 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Oct 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Some developers feels restricted after Facebook’s new policy banned the use of the word “dislike” anywhere in apps on the platform. The policy aims to prevent the eventual use of the “dislike” button in apps. Facebook has the “like” button and the social networking recently announced that they will remove the restrictions that is presented by the button and allow users to express their true feelings on status.
Facebook’s new policy makes it possible for users to express their feelings for a person’s status with the combination of “any verb” and noun rather than restricting them to only the “like” button. However typing dislike in the textbox provided by the app will give an error. The same policy applies to all the curse words and certain slangs. However certain words were missed by the net. Such words like “hate,””loathe,””despise,””poop on” and others can still be used on the website.
Facebook has more than half-a-billion users globally. It is one of the most powerful Internet franchises in the world. The company has often come under criticism for the way that they handle user information and data. Facebook recently acknowledged that there are certain issues with its privacy policies and made some sweeping changes to it.
The company recently unveiled a new design of the network.
- Fake 'dislike' button spreads across Facebook - Aug 17, 2010
- 'Tweetups', 'unfriend' added to Oxford English Dictionary - Dec 30, 2009
- Facebook Clickjacking Worm May Hurt Your Wallet, Warns Sophos - Aug 19, 2010
- Facebook to launch own app store - May 10, 2012
- Facebook Application Will Now Be Improved - Oct 09, 2010
- Facebook Launches New Service For Retailers - Nov 06, 2010
- Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook page hacked - Jan 26, 2011
- Facebook smartphone to be 'released next year' - May 28, 2012
- Facebook To Permit The Advertisers To Republish The Users' Posts - Jan 27, 2011
- Facebook could be taken to court over alleged tracking - Nov 17, 2011
- Users Warned Of 'Dislike' Scam On Facebook - Aug 18, 2010
- Nouns, verbs learned in different brain areas - Feb 26, 2010
- Historical context, not the brain, drives language development: Study - Apr 15, 2011
- Be Wary Of Rogue App In Facebook! - Jul 07, 2010