Frostwire Available For Android Users NowOctober 27th, 2010 - 8:58 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Oct 27, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The popularity of peer to peer file sharing cannot be denied and that explains why the fiasco over Limewire has prompted the P2P community to come up with a viable alternative. Frostwire has made available its Android App for the users of Android devices and phones today and it has created sensation. This is an easy to use P2P file sharing application that enables file sharing using Wi Fi networks. This may remind others of Napster in a way. One can buy it by paying $4.99 from the Android marketplace. However from the official website it can be downloaded for free.
It also comes with a chat room feature and the users can also send private files with attachments. The application can be used seamlessly with all Android devices that run Android 1.6 OS and higher. That means a lot of Android users will be able to use it right away. However one downer is that it cannot be used over the 3G networks and Wi Fi is the only way. It is really a useful application and can search files fast on several devices. One can use the application to browse the files used by his peers using it.
The application also allows one to share his own files easily. The files can be posted in social networks as well. The application also offers automatic updates to the users and they can always be assured of using the latest version. The software has a really intuitive interface and even those who have not used P2P applications before would be able to use it easily.
- Droid Bionic From Motorola Shown At CES 2011 - Jan 06, 2011
- Samsung Fascinate is going to be great - Sep 22, 2010
- Samsung launches new tablet in Indian market - Jan 11, 2012
- Google launches 'cloud' service - Apr 25, 2012
- Asus-Garmin Phone Released On T-Mobile - Jun 10, 2010
- My Touch 4G From T-Mobile Lands Today - Nov 05, 2010
- Hulu Now Available In New Sony LED TVs - Oct 14, 2010
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- Vodafone launches mobile wi-fi device - Mar 14, 2011
- Samsung launches smart TV for Indian market - Mar 18, 2012
- Reliance Unveils New Android CDMA Phone In India - Jul 08, 2010
- Blackberry may launch own tablet by yearend - May 15, 2010
- Verizon Wireless To Launch Samsung Fascinate Smartphone - Jun 29, 2010
- Year of tech, tweets, tablets and telecom (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 27, 2011
- Galaxy Tab Price Unveiled By Verizon - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: 3g networks, attachments, automatic updates, chat room, downer, fi, fiasco, file sharing application, frostwire, intuitive interface, limewire, marketplace, napster, peer to peer file sharing, peers, popularity, private files, room feature, sensation, social networks