First Generation Apple Computer Can Fetch $160,000 From AuctionNovember 13th, 2010 - 7:32 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Nov 13, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Apple Inc is known to have redefined the concept of computing with its Macbook laptops and iMac range of desktop computers over the years. They are considered a class apart from other PCs and come at a premium price. However, the sleek and powerful present generation Macs do not cost as much as $160,000 which a first generation Apple I computer may fetch. It may sound confusing at first but according to the reports a first generation Apple I computer that is going to be auctioned by popular auction house Christie based in London will fetch similar or higher price! The Apple I hailed as the first personal computer of the world pave the way for the competitors to follow.
The Apple I was built personally by Apple co founders Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. It was released in the market way back in 1976. At that time it had sold for $666.66. 200 copies of the Apple I was made at that time. It had an assembled motherboard. The first computer was hand built in the garage owned by the parents of Steve Jobs. It has been reported that the auction will take place on Nov 23rd 2010. The computer may fetch as much as $240000 in the auction.
Only 50 more copies of the Apple I are left. For the hardcore geeks with deep pockets this is nothing short of an asset. The auction site states that the model that will be auctioned was the 82nd computer out of the 200 produced by Apple before it shifted to Apple II. It is slower than the slowest PC available today but its emotional value is incomparable for the Apple fanatics.
- Rare Apple 1 computer to be auctioned - Jun 15, 2012
- Milestones in a tech legend's journey - Oct 06, 2011
- First computer on sale for 150,000 pounds - Nov 11, 2010
- New Macintosh Laptop And Desktop Models Expected In 2011 - Dec 21, 2010
- Apple Computer Of 1976 Expected To Be Auctioned For $ 160,000 Or More - Nov 13, 2010
- Apple introduces new version of computer operating system - Jun 12, 2012
- World says iGrieve as Steve Jobs passes away - Oct 06, 2011
- Tech legend Steve Jobs quits as Apple CEO - Aug 25, 2011
- Apple eyes Israeli flash memory maker Anobit - Dec 14, 2011
- iPad Price Sounds Like Music To Apple Product Lovers - Jan 28, 2010
- Black Friday Online Deals From Apple Unveiled - Nov 26, 2010
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at 56 - Oct 06, 2011
- How Steve Jobs changed the world - Oct 06, 2011
- Steve Wozniak talks about Steve Jobs - Oct 06, 2011
- Apple Unveils New Laptop Software At Company's Headquarters - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: apple computer, apple ii, auction house, auction site, christie, deep pockets, desktop computers, emotional value, first computer, first personal computer, founders, geeks, generation apple, macs, news apple, premium price, ranjan, steve jobs, steve jobs and steve wozniak, steve wozniak