Facebook’s IPO will give birth to many millionairesDecember 9th, 2011 - 10:49 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Dec 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Facebook’s anticipated IPO next year is being monitored by investors keenly. Experts are speculating that the IPO could make at least a thousand people millionaires when it is finally offered. All of those are either employees or former employees of the company.
With Facebook estimated to be worth about $100 billion, the social networking site with be offering the biggest IPO compared to all the other tech and Internet companies. The biggest winners when the company finally goes public will be everyone who has ever worked for Facebook.
News agency Reuters reports that present and past employees were given some form of supplementary salaries with stocks. The company’s workforce is currently 3,000 and experts say after the IPO, at least a third of the employees will be millionaires when they cash in.
It is believed that Facebook has 2.5 billion shares with the shares expected to be offered for $40 when they go public. All these are not certain though because Facebook has not officially announced their interest in going public.
Facebook has grown to become one of the greatest stories on the Internet. The website has about 800 million users making it the biggest Internet company in the world.
- Facebook set to raise $16 bn with largest tech IPO - May 18, 2012
- Facebook sets IPO price at $38 - May 18, 2012
- Facebook files for $5 bn IPO - Feb 02, 2012
- Groupon IPO raises $700 million - Nov 04, 2011
- Facebook discussing filing IPO in 2012 - Nov 30, 2011
- Facebook to become publicly-listed company - Jan 30, 2012
- Facebook IPO boosts growth of Chinese sites - Feb 03, 2012
- Facebook's COO Sheryl Sandberg earned $30.9 million in 2011 - Feb 03, 2012
- Russian social network delays IPO after Facebook crash - May 30, 2012
- Facebook plans to go public to raise $87bn - May 04, 2012
- Wall Street extends loss - May 18, 2012
- Facebook sees India among key growth areas - Feb 03, 2012
- Mark Zuckerberg may need to pay $2 billion in taxes - Feb 08, 2012
- LinkedIn sinks, Silicon Valley fears doom - Aug 09, 2011
- Facebook CEO commits to lock his stock for 12 months - Sep 05, 2012