Facebook ‘working on phone with HTC’July 27th, 2012 - 9:35 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, July 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Facebook is working with HTC, a Taiwanese handset maker to build a smart phone that will be specifically for Facebook.
Reports on this say that the smart phone will be released around mid 2013. On Thursday, Facebook said that it suffered losses of 157 million dollars in the period between the months of April and June. This is due to expenses that were brought about by stock compensation.
Facebook’s earnings have grown by 32 percent in the last one year. Facebook says that mobile users are rapidly growing and the number of ads that are shown on its platform are not matching the high number. The phone that Facebook and HTC are planning to come up with will be running a new operating system which will suit the more than 900 million people who access their Facebook from their phones.
This is not the first time that Facebook has talked about partnering with HTC to come up with a new smart phone. They had the same talks last year and they were supposed to come up with the phone this year.
It is rumored that HTC postponed the plans with Facebook because it had other things to work on. The operating system that will be on this phone will be specifically optimized for Facebook.
- Facebook is partnering with HTC for a Smartphone - Nov 22, 2011
- New smartphones give instant access to Facebook - Feb 16, 2011
- Indian handsets market reports 5 percent drop in revenues - Jul 09, 2012
- Windows Phone 7.5 launched in India - Oct 12, 2011
- Apple, Google, RIM neck-and-neck in smart phone market - Mar 04, 2011
- HTC Surround: Windows 7 Phone With Maximum Bells And Whistles - Oct 12, 2010
- Now, access Facebook on your mobile phone at the touch of a button! - Feb 16, 2011
- Rumored Facebook Phones are Coming - Feb 16, 2011
- Microsoft launches Windows Phone 7 range - Oct 12, 2010
- iPhone 4S hits Indian stores, starts at Rs.44,500 (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Huawei to design mobile handsets for Indian market - Jun 15, 2011
- India's mobile phone users spoilt for choice - Jun 05, 2011
- Verizon Gears Up To Sell Google Nexus One - Jan 06, 2010
- Stringent mobile radiation norms from Saturday - Aug 31, 2012
- Nokia to focus on sub-Rs.6,000 category - Oct 31, 2011